Jebao UV vs something more expensive

Andrew Stevens

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2019
Messages
181
Reaction score
71
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

So I have Ostreopsis Dino’s. I currently own a 55W and a 75W Jebao UV which I’ve used for a few months before (but never plumbed in).

I’m going to plumb in a UV, and was wondering if you think I should just plumb in one of the UV’s I already own, or to buy a more expensive brand to plumb in (Pentair, Lifegard etc).

Thanks,

Andrew
 
If I already had the items I would try them first before dropping money on something else.

Just use unions on your plumbing so you can upgrade the uv if things don’t work out.
 
Great feedback. My 75W is Stainless Steel, 55W is plastic. I’ll only use the 55W plastic
I use the 55watt with no issues except after a year, some black “dust” on the inside.

But never seemed to be an issue.

UV light is UV light
 
Personally I would just use what I already have. Especially as the Jebao's seem to be as good as anything else anyway, and much cheaper. As long as the bulbs are good, UV-C is UV-C is UV-C.
 
I used it to treat ostreopsis. I think if you are planning on having it permanently plumbed in, you shouldn't get a Jebao. If it's a single "treatment", then the jebao should be fine for up to a few months. It's usually the people who use it for a year+ who get the problems.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new