Jebao WP-40 stopped working.

  • Thread starter Thread starter EvoReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EvoReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Johnson City, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My Jebao WP-40 just stopped working out of nowhere. Anyone have any idea of what my problem may be. It has power. Control board lights up and all. I just can't get it to work.
 
Yeah. Try using vinegar and a toothbrush. See if that frees it up
 
Wow. You wouldn't believe how much gunk I cleaned out of that pump. It works like it's brand new again. Thanks for all the help guys.
 
Awesome. From now on you can make that part of your routine. Let it run for an hour in a bucket with 50/50 vinegar and water..... Oh jeez... I'm starting to sound like a feminine hygiene commercial
 
I bet you forgot how powerful that thing really is huh?

This right here. They get some scum built up on the magnet and it slows them down quite a bit. I try to get to mine once a month or so, but if it's longer and then it get's cleaned, everything in the tank is like "Whoa, hold on crew!!"
 
Aint you glad it wasnt a mp 40 that stopped working $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
So what's the plan? Are you just going to order a new pump? Maybe try out one of those rw-15?
 
I can't afford it right now. I bought this not to long ago and was planning on using that pump in the new tank. Looks like I may have to just buy a new one when I get the money.
 

Attachments

  • 1403314546461.jpg
    1403314546461.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 560
Inside the front cover is a white rubber spacer. Take it out, that caused mine to not want to run
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new