Jecod dcp return pump fluctuating

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a new Jecod dcp 2500 for my Red Sea reefer 170. The noise is a lot better then my old blue marine. But I cant get the water level stable, it fluctuates a lot. Regarding the sound it hears like the rpm’s are changing. Is there something I can do?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the return line?

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with the dcp-2000. Seller sent me a new controller but still no good. Ended up returning it and getting a Sicce instead.
Did yours also sound like the rpm’s were changing? Should I ask the seller to swap the pump for another one or ask my money back and buy another brand?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did yours also sound like the rpm’s were changing? Should I ask the seller to swap the pump for another one or ask my money back and buy another brand?

Yes, you could hear the RPMs ramping up and down. I spent too much time fiddling with it trying to make it work. Decided the hassle wasn't worth the $ savings.
Not sure how much flow you're looking for, but a good DC pump alternative might be the Reef Octopus Varios.
I went with an AC pump instead - Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5.

OP
OP
Misha

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you could hear the RPMs ramping up and down. I spent too much time fiddling with it trying to make it work. Decided the hassle wasn't worth the $ savings.
Not sure how much flow you're looking for, but a good DC pump alternative might be the Reef Octopus Varios.
I went with an AC pump instead - Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5.
Thanks. Im going to return it and look for another pump. The varios are a little expensive but might give that price range a shot.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sicce is about half the cost of the Varios and arguably more reliable. Only thing I miss with the AC pump is a feed button - I don't have a controller on that tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back