Jedi mind trick. Let’s see them and where did you put it?

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is Mine. It’s the only spot it grows reliably. Right in that exact spot on the sand bed. Any time I move it it stops growing. I nearly killed this one save for 3 paint chip sized pieces that I glued to a rock. Is the sandbed ok? Or should put it on a larger rock?
0edd3bf85b1c10c4409fae118a3e1e5d.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Would love to see some pictures of how some large, established ones formed. I did a few searches on this coral a couple of weeks ago and most of what I found were frags or small pieces. Especially interested in interesting growth patterns. Note your lighting and flow if you can too.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have considered getting one before, just haven't pulled the trigger. I would set it on a small rock in the sandbed, make it easier for growth

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaaaa that looks awesome. What kind of coral is Jedi mind trick? I’ve been afraid of encrusting coral forever. How do you keep them from taking over? Or you just let them cause they look cool?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaaaa that looks awesome. What kind of coral is Jedi mind trick? I’ve been afraid of encrusting coral forever. How do you keep them from taking over? Or you just let them cause they look cool?
It's an encrusting monti

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine under blues and then adjusted using johns aquarium camera app for iPhone. Got it over the summer. About 3" across and on the bottom of my tank between an mp40 and rw8, it's kinda growing up like a deformed hamburger patty. Could be because of Ora plug?

IMG_6202.JPG

IMG_6203.JPG

Last edited:

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zHJYdjXl.jpg
this picture was taken about a month and a half ago I don't have any current ones but it's gotten bigger since
I have a chance too get one of these but Im gonna have too drive 2hrs too Belgium too get it .. :rolleyes:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back