jeffblly's 40 breeder

jeffblly

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Manteca, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 40 breeder mixed reef.
Age: 8 months
Livestock and some rock was transfered from my 24NC that I had running for 7 years.

FTS-1122612.jpg



20 gal sump with gl*******s overflow
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra 3.0
Powerhead: Tunze 6045
Skimmer: Warner Marine
AutoTopOff: DIY with JBJ float switches
Heater: 100 watt ebo jager
Chiller: Old school Mini Arctica been running for 7 years.
Lights: DIY bridgelux/cree 3 watt leds with full sprectrum

Sump consists of 3 chambers with skimmer in 1, refugium in 2 and return and chiller pump in 3.
 
Looks good! Like the big cave! :D
 
Looks good. Nice to have aged rocks.
 
Update: Pictures were from a couple of months ago.

I recently added two T5 bulbs to supplement my leds and some my acros have started to go pale on me. I dont know if its a water quality issue as my params have been off slightly or if its because I have too much light with the addition of the t5s.











 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new