OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see here. Ive got 1 chromis and a bangaii cardinal now. Its been a month to the day that Ive updated last, so Ill just let the pics do the talking. My tank is 1 year old on the 11th :D

DSCN3095.jpg

What's left of my armageddons...
DSCN3097.jpg

My SPS area. You can see the new growth on the birdsnest well in this shot.
DSCN3102.jpg

DSCN3103.jpg

DSCN3108.jpg

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres some old shots. This is before I joined any message boards, and knew ANYTHING about saltwater, other than what my dad told me (he's way outdated haha)... I tried to cycle with shrimp...

FishTank10-11-2007002.jpg

FishTank10-16-2007004.jpg

Heres what my armageddons were originally...

FishTank11-12-2007005.jpg

FishTank11-12-2007001.jpg

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since ur arms died give me a month ill hook you up with some darth mauls and devils armors! u just pay shipping! since u hooked everyone else up ill help ya out!

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since ur arms died give me a month ill hook you up with some darth mauls and devils armors! u just pay shipping! since u hooked everyone else up ill help ya out!

I really appreciate it man. Its going to be a little while before I try em again, gotta slap my tank back in line, make sure everythings perfect :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FishTank10-11-2007002.jpg

Heres what my armageddons were originally...
FishTank11-12-2007005.jpg
the shrimp pics is classic... ;)

can you get anymore Arms from your original source? man, from humble beginnings.. reminds me of my AoG colony.... :D

advance happy 1st year anniversary on your tank Jeff...

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the shrimp pics is classic... ;)

can you get anymore Arms from your original source? man, from humble beginnings.. reminds me of my AoG colony.... :D

advance happy 1st year anniversary on your tank Jeff...

Thanks. Im going to call him tomorrow. Its my friends dad, and he has a house "fish room". Its like, if I had to guess, a shallow 55 vat where its just rubble rock. In it is loose cut up mushrooms and palys/zoos. Once they grow onto a new rubble, he cuts it. I sure hope he still has some.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Im going to call him tomorrow. Its my friends dad, and he has a house "fish room". Its like, if I had to guess, a shallow 55 vat where its just rubble rock. In it is loose cut up mushrooms and palys/zoos. Once they grow onto a new rubble, he cuts it. I sure hope he still has some.
he might have hundreds of them.... yum yum!!!! :D :) :D

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres an update. With school and exams and all, the tank got neglected a bit. I lost a coral or two, spiked the ammonia, lost more, like a snowball effect. Algae started blooming and it looked really nasty. A few days ago me and my dad did a day project and changed out all of the water, and scraped off all the decaying corals until all thats left is alive and well corals.

The only ones I have now are my duncans, acans (2 frags and the large purple one), and my blue candy canes. All inverts and fish survived, even the clam. I thought my sixline disappeared a few months ago, and as I was emptying the tank, I found him in the back chambers, so now I have 4 fish temporarily.

The rockwork is redone, took some out and I really like it. Once the tank gets back on track in a few months, Ill be slowly stocking it up with some colorful corals. On a lighter note, the GSP is now all gone and so are the mushrooms, so I dont have any more corals that are known "invaders."

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back