Unnamed Pinks
I forgot the name, but its blue
Armageddons
Purple Deaths
Nuclear Greens
Duncan
Blue Candy Canes
People Eaters

I think thats all. Heres the mandatory FTS as of 8-9-2008...

DSCN2989.jpg

And the big bad show piece of the tank (thanks Marvin!!)

DSCN2986.jpg

DSCN2985.jpg

By the way, I just added those really white rocks so thats why theyre so out of place looking. Heres before fragging/reaquascaping...

DSCN2870.jpg

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice Jeff... glad everything came in alright... :)

how many polyps of Arms did you end up keeping? and how long did it take you to grow them to your old mother colony? how many did you start out with?

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice man coming along great! love the show piece!

great looking tank jeff...

Thanks for the compliments. Im going to add a few more acans/micros and hopefully everything will grow out nicely. The sps will look great once they start taking off.
very nice Jeff... glad everything came in alright... :)

how many polyps of Arms did you end up keeping? and how long did it take you to grow them to your old mother colony? how many did you start out with?

The mother colony was about 120 polyps I think. It grew over a period of 9-10 months, starting with 5 polyps. Im keeping 2 for myself, but its now 3 :) Everyone who got a frag from me will be ready to frag sooner than me. Just do us all a favor and keep the standards high for em :p

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well heres the deal. All the wonderful zoanthid frags I just got, well apparently theyre pretty tasty, cuz my coral beauty angel likes nipping at him. So tomorrow hes going back to the fish store.

Hoping to pick up a sixline wrasse or something like that in his place.

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took down everything today, just to remove the freaking coral beauty. The CBA and maroon clown went back to the LFS. I got a new sixline which I havent seen since I was acclimating it.

I tried to cater to corals' individual needs as well, LPS not getting too much current, and being in the mid sector of the tank, zoanthids anywhere, SPS on tippy top. Didnt work out so well in some cases but for the most part it did.

Ill take pictures when Im less frustrated

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took down everything today, just to remove the freaking coral beauty. The CBA and maroon clown went back to the LFS. I got a new sixline which I havent seen since I was acclimating it.

I tried to cater to corals' individual needs as well, LPS not getting too much current, and being in the mid sector of the tank, zoanthids anywhere, SPS on tippy top. Didnt work out so well in some cases but for the most part it did.

Ill take pictures when Im less frustrated
wow... sorry to hear about the tear down Jeff.... good luck with the build... I'm sure it'll be better.. :)

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... sorry to hear about the tear down Jeff.... good luck with the build... I'm sure it'll be better.. :)

Meh, I kinda like it better now. Your acan colony was about 3/4 the way up in the tank and now I made it a point to put it about 1/4 the way, and on a nice flat rock for it to be able to grow out onto.

I guess this time was better because I remembered to cater to particular coral's needs.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to see some new pictures. sorry bout having to take everything apart, i know it sucks trying to catch fish! anyways im sure it will look great!!

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to see some new pictures. sorry bout having to take everything apart, i know it sucks trying to catch fish! anyways im sure it will look great!!

Thank you for the compliments. I hope this time I will make some better fish choices and wont have to tear it apart any time soon again.

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, at least you learned that lesson with the angel now, before you go and set up a huge tank in the future and then have to tear it apart. I have a pair of frag molesting maroon clowns in my 320 that drive me crazy, but i cant tear it apart lol

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, at least you learned that lesson with the angel now, before you go and set up a huge tank in the future and then have to tear it apart. I have a pair of frag molesting maroon clowns in my 320 that drive me crazy, but i cant tear it apart lol

lol thats a great way to put it, frag molesters. I got the sixline today, which is a very personable fish and should keep the amphipod population down. I hope the next go for a midas blenny or some other kind of peaceful reefsafe fish. Im in no rush though

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great Jeff!! You sure know how to grow them bro. ;) Anybody that can grow an Armageddon colony like that is the bomb in my book! :D

PS. Tommy I have a acrylic fish trap if you want to use it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Or a harpoon....

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, you just had an excuse to mess around with the tank... sometimes that's good... ;)

looking forward to seeing new pics... :)

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, you just had an excuse to mess around with the tank... sometimes that's good... ;)

looking forward to seeing new pics... :)

Tomorrow for sure. Ill see what I can do about the sixline wrasse but hes being normal for a fish that was just added, and hiding a bit.

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are coming today, finally have a day off. Ordered the Sure Flow Maxijet mod, instead of buying a whole new Koralia. Hope it helps. Its impossible for me to get a good shot of these, but my duncan has 3 "bumps" on its stalk that Im waiting to start sprouting tentacles.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back