View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN3016.jpg

DSCN3018.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

This acropora frag isnt getting enough flow, but will be once my Sure Flow mod gets here. And if its not then, Ill order a MJ1200 to replae my 900.
DSCN3019.jpg

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since I updated last, but heres the lowdown. Apparently my K2 just arrived at the house, but Ive got classes til almost 4 pm so I cant wait to see how it is. Rev sent me a great frag pack yesterday. New additions are a 4 polyp frag of micromussa (mostly red, but has like green/white strips around the outside of the mouth), red acans with like 4 adults and like 5-6 babies, millepora frag, birdsnest frag, and a green apple montipora cap.

Pictures probably tomorrow. By the time I get home and get the PH installed, itll be a bit cloudy Im sure.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried to send him more but he said he didnt have room! Whoever heard of turning down corals??? :D

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to send him more but he said he didnt have room! Whoever heard of turning down corals??? :D

LOL. Honest to goodness I dont have more room.

BTW, the Koralia 2 has less strength than my MJ900 (in aimed, linear flow) but the whole tank is so alive with movement now!! If someone is planning for SPS in a nano, I recommend MJ900+Sure Flow mod, and maybe a Koralia 2.

Pictures tomorrow

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got off class and finally took pics! And I brought home 3 new buddies!!!

Figured out the video setting on my camera...

DSCN3084.jpg

DSCN3073.jpg

DSCN3072.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problems...

These unattainables never colored up, any suggestions?? Theyre pretty brown right now
DSCN3069.jpg

And, the palys from Masons fund raiser I got from reef-lover a few weeks ago have slowly been dwindling away. Down to 2 babies and 1 adult, if this adult recovers. Ive named the pinks "Hiroshimas" :)

DSCN3078.jpg

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, those Arms love your tank... :)

Yea they do. Cant wait to frag again. I give it like 3-4 months maybe and itll be a nice healthy colony. Once it reaches like 10-15 heads, Im going to chop it up and glue it to plugs, so itll grow out on those. Its on a nice smooth rock for that purpose :)

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jeff, where are you placing those? those pinks like lots of flow, and lots of light. Unattainables get the blue centers when you give them some shade, or out of direct light.

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jeff, where are you placing those? those pinks like lots of flow, and lots of light. Unattainables get the blue centers when you give them some shade, or out of direct light.

Mason's and pinks are on the same disk so I cant really break it up. Unattainables are under the shade of my koralia, and off to the side of the tank.

Im down to the adult and the 2 babies for sure, the adult opened fully today. I think the flow is irritating it though, yet the pinks love it.

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump in hopes of finding an answer to the disappearing zoas. 2 of the Mason's are showing signs of making a recovery which is good.

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 of the 3 chromis has a large sore on his side. After watching them for like 5 minutes, I realize hes being picked on. I dont have a QT or anything so theres not much I can do. Even if he was given time to recover, after I readd him theyll only do the same thing.

He is the one who is the most personable though, which is a good thing. When I feed the other corals with the syringe, he will stand in front of it and steal food, which I want him to, so he gets the most nourishment as possible.

And one of the two acropora frags I have are bleaching. He was about 6" from the bulb total, so I moved him down a few inches, into a little little bit stronger flow. I hope he likes it and recovers. Today is NOT my day.

OP
OP
P

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets see here. Im down to 2 chromis, the sore one passed away. The acro stopped bleaching, which is great!! All sps are showing great polyp extension still which makes me feel good haha.

I just ordered a Radium 20k bulb for the tank, will be here next week. Pics when it comes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back