Jeff's 30L AIO mixed reef build

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello... I'm Jeff in San Antonio, TX. After years without a system up due to regular moves I've bought a house in 2020 and am now ready to get wet again. After lengthy consideration I'm putting a Nuvo Fusion Pro 30L AIO reef tank in my living room. My goal is for a very high finish top of the line Nano and plan to stock for a high movement and very colorful LPS system. At the same time I'm setting up a 40g frag tank as well to cater to my collectors itch.

The 30L AIO hardware:

30L Nuvo Fusion Pro AIO tank
Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 DC-Tunze
2 x Radion XR15 G5 LED Light Fixture - EcoTech Marine
2 x RMS XR15 G5 Tank Mount Systems
Apex Controller System – Neptune Systems
IceCap – Battery Backup v3
VorTech MP10QD – Mobius Ready Quiet Drive Propeller Pump – EcoTech Marine
Helio PTC Aquarium Heater w/ Controller – Innovative Marine (New item but love the mount!)
Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off – Tunze
Auqa Gadget 5 Gallon Hydrofill Reservoir – Innovative Marine
DOS & DDR Dosing System Package – Neptune Systems

The 40g Frag tank hardware:
40g breeder tank
Reef Octopus HOB 1000 Skimmer
XP Aqua Sumpless ATO system
Seachum Tidal 110 HOB Power Filter
Reef Keeper Elite Controller w/ PH, Temp and Salinity probes
1 x MP40
2 x Radion XR15 Gen 3's
4 x Eshopps Alpha Rack Giga racks
1 x Bashsea Mad Rack 11-22 rack
2 x Smartreefing table frag racks
2 x Fiji Cube 32 hole frag racks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location of the 30L AIO will be located on this piece of furniture that has been reinforced to hold the roughly <400 pounds of the system (48"w x 16"d x 39"t). The ATO reservoir will be in the left side under cabinet and the electronics and controls in the right side under cabinet.

20210124_133928.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the rest of my hardware for the 30L AIO will be in by Friday this week and the plan is to nail down the rockscape and get water in this little guy this weekend. Progress pics to come...

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally settled on my plan for the 5 back chambers of the 30L AIO.

1. Left overflow chamber - Tunze 9004
2. Left Media Chamber - inTank Fuge Basket with a custom cut block of Marine Pure
3. Sump Chamber - Return Pump, Heater, Monitor probes and place to toss a media bag of Chemipure or similar if needed
4. Right Media Chamber - inTank Fuge Basket with a custom cut block of Marine Pure
5. Right overflow Chamber - Media basket filled with Marine Pure Gems in lower 2 chambers and top chamber/tray reserved for situational use of floss.

Trying to max my biological filtration with the high efficiency of the Marine pure blocks and gems along with a solid skimmer. Tank will have a conservative amount of live rock and a 2" sandbed.

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IM AIO 30l’s are fantastic tanks. We went with two mp10’s, and two ai hd primes. I swapped out there pump for two Eheim compacton 1000’s.
I was considering a 2nd mp10 but I'm worried it might be too much flow for the tank being mostly an LPS/Softy/Zoa tank. Will never have an SPS in here. How do you find your 2 mp10's work with your tank and your comp?

Back