OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hammerheadz I adore your tank and have similar goals as you. My favorite part is the over-sized stand the tank sits on, and how that allowed more space to accommodate an electronics board. Would you mind sharing where you got that stand? I'd really like to order the same one.
Thank you very much. I found the stand at the Home store. Then I just beefed it up with some painted plywood to line the interior compartments with and back. It's very sturdy for a 30g.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the euphyllia the most! And those wellsos look huge and puffy :cool: Great looking corals!

Nice job
Love It Thumbs Up GIF

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the euphyllia the most! And those wellsos look huge and puffy :cool: Great looking corals!

Nice job
Love It Thumbs Up GIF
Thanks! I actually just had to move one of them out. They were just getting too big. The redder rainbow expands out now to about 8" but the pink rainbow is now stretching out to nearly 14" in another tank.

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of update shots taken this evening. Tank remains very healthy. I no longer run the skimmer and just find it pointless on the system. I do a 5 gallon change once a week that keeps things fresh. Since my last update I pulled my 2 clowns to help start another system. Also I had many corals outgrow their spaces and started to go to war with each other. Caused me to pull several corals out. I then filled in the gaps with some colorful Yuma's, Ricordia's, a couple of bounces and some additional zoas. The one damsel I had in the tank decided to dance with the vortech a few weeks back and lost. The emerald crab and fire-shrimp and an extra big meal that day.

20210917_193406.jpg
20210917_193433.jpg
20210917_193458.jpg

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread, love the detail and progress. Can't wait for another progress pic!

Also, what's the fish stock list?
Thanks. Right now I only have 3 fish in it. A Yellow Corris Wrasse a Black lawnmower blenny and a Tomini flame tailed tang. I had clowns in here for over 6 months but pulled them for another system. I may put a couple designer clowns back in it later this year if I can find a pair I like.

OP
OP
Hammerheadz

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you added some more lighting. Reefbrite strips? Is that for any particular reason? Seems like the two xr15’s would already be overkill for what you have.
Yes I added Reefbrite's... not to increase par though but to increase covereage. The XR15's alone had a lot of shadowed spots that the Reefbrite's fixed edge to edge on the tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back