Jeff's Red Sea Reefer 425XL Build (Nice and slow)

jeffery6846

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!! Just getting back into the hobby and have been setting up my new Red Sea Reefer 425XL over the last month. Now that things are settling down and my hands are dry I'm able to start this thread. I'll be adding lots of pics and showing how I plan to incorporate all of my equipment and plumbing.

I ordered the tank, stand and sump from Marine Depot and it arrived 8 days later. Setting up the stand was simple enough. The directions were in fine detail so I had to hold up to a light and squint my eyes often but I got through it.
IMG_0301.jpeg

IMG_0300.jpeg

OP
OP
jeffery6846

jeffery6846

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the V3 sump and have been playing with a lot of ideas on how to incorporate all the equipment that I have and want to run in the future. So far I have the skimmer running and will be hard plumbing a carbon and GFO reactor here soon. Ultimately the second chamber will be the Refugium. Heres a picture of the current sump with the two reactors in "mock" so I can see how much room I'll have.

IMG_0346.jpeg

OP
OP
jeffery6846

jeffery6846

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank, im thnking the same. What type of lighting are you going with?

I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning more towards Kessil. I have the current marine on it right now so it'll do for now.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back