OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Boy, do I need to update this thread a little.. Until then, here's Jello checking out the awesome towel @Mhamilton0911 made for me!!!!
I'm sending out your stickers tomorrow!!!
20221024_183723.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, do I need to update this thread a little.. Until then, here's Jello checking out the awesome towel @Mhamilton0911 made for me!!!!
20221024_183723.jpg
Dude, Sick!!

I need " The Lost Towel" towel, but them I'd never be able to find it.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221024_183723.jpg
Aww! So glad it made the trip ok!! Looks amazing with your tank!!

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tank looks great! The Niger Trigger (Biafra, lol), might be where your wrasse went. Even though Nigers aren’t the most aggressive trigger, they’re definitely not reef safe and they will kill other fish and inverts (it’ll eventually catch the shrimp slipping and that’ll be that). If you want to keep inverts and/or more peaceful/smaller fish, you’ll probably need to rehome him (plus he’ll outgrow the 55 pretty quickly, they get pretty massive).
Just wanna say, you were right.
My curly-que snapping shrimp was eaten. Jello is my #1 suspect, followed very closely by The Dude.
This was shortly after Dave died and was eaten by the RFA.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanna say, you were right.
My curly-que snapping shrimp was eaten. Jello is my #1 suspect, followed very closely by The Dude.
This was shortly after Dave died and was eaten by the RFA.
This is Very confusing yet funny when you don't know the players..

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the paintings, so awesome. Can you take pictures of just the paintings so I can admire them some more?

I just finished building my new nano, it's a 7g acrylic hexagon tank and the stand I painted a dark navy blue, but in the back of my mind, I envisioned painting tentacles coming up from the bottom. But, alas, I have minimum experience free hand painting, but I can sure color the heck out of something. I'm a better digital artist than with real media.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I love the paintings, so awesome. Can you take pictures of just the paintings so I can admire them some more?

I just finished building my new nano, it's a 7g acrylic hexagon tank and the stand I painted a dark navy blue, but in the back of my mind, I envisioned painting tentacles coming up from the bottom. But, alas, I have minimum experience free hand painting, but I can sure color the heck out of something. I'm a better digital artist than with real media.
20220706_182812-01.jpeg
20220711_182244.jpg

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Suzi how’s the tank?
20230128_135123.jpg

Its doing ok.
Had some ups and downs. A couple torches disappeared out of nowhere, I kinda smashed my gorgeous frogspawn while moving rocks and she's really mad right now. Still dealing with aiptasia. Going back in with F aiptasia again tonight.
Added some more live rock from the 220lbs I got. Just letting it be for a while. Budget is super tight right now. I'm making lists of what I want to get eventually, coralwise. May not he til my bday til I can afford much of anything

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230128_135123.jpg

Its doing ok.
Had some ups and downs. A couple torches disappeared out of nowhere, I kinda smashed my gorgeous frogspawn while moving rocks and she's really mad right now. Still dealing with aiptasia. Going back in with F aiptasia again tonight.
Added some more live rock from the 220lbs I got. Just letting it be for a while. Budget is super tight right now. I'm making lists of what I want to get eventually, coralwise. May not he til my bday til I can afford much of anything
That’s a beautiful tank! Nice Trigger as well! Quick question have you had any experience with Yasha Gobies? I like them, but idk how well they would do in a very active tank. If you need a list of all the fish I can do that for you. I have a cave entrance done with the L shape pvc being the cave and surrounded by rock with the pvc back piece going downwards in the sand. They would dig in that right?

edit: That wasn’t such a quick question was it :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230128_135123.jpg

Its doing ok.
Stunning

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230128_135123.jpg

Its doing ok.
Are you able to get your hands on berghia nudis? I tried EVERYTHING before biting the bullet and adding a dozen berghia under the cover of darkness. Took awhile to do the trick, but after 6 months of slowly disappearing haven't seen one in a year and a half

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to get your hands on berghia nudis? I tried EVERYTHING before biting the bullet and adding a dozen berghia under the cover of darkness. Took awhile to do the trick, but after 6 months of slowly disappearing haven't seen one in a year and a half
Why would she want a naked invertebrate? Eww ;) :winking-face-with-tongue:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back