OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Because I’m in Colombia South America rn I went to tourist destination city of Salento in the mountains and walked around for the day.
I'm jealous.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smuggling coral back with ya'... ;) :D
Unfortunately, because of illegal fish trafficking and not collecting rightfully and because of the low interest in this side of the hobby, and a whole bunch of other things, in Colombia, it is super scarce and very hard to find any place that carries, keeps, or cares about this side of hobby. I still as of yet despite lots of digging haven’t found anywhere that holds Saltwater fish coral or supplies. There are a few places I do know of, and the corals are really nice and the care is good, but they are hard to get to if you don’t have contacts with them, or am someone of importance in the hobby. This is a shame cuz it would be so nice! Especially since it’s more affordable here money wise, meaning let’s say a dollar is 4000 pesos here so U.S dollars get you a whole lot more of worth here. Wish I could bring back coral.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Unfortunately, because of illegal fish trafficking and not collecting rightfully and because of the low interest in this side of the hobby, and a whole bunch of other things, in Colombia, it is super scarce and very hard to find any place that carries, keeps, or cares about this side of hobby. I still as of yet despite lots of digging haven’t found anywhere that holds Saltwater fish coral or supplies. There are a few places I do know of, and the corals are really nice and the care is good, but they are hard to get to if you don’t have contacts with them, or am someone of importance in the hobby. This is a shame cuz it would be so nice! Especially since it’s more affordable here money wise, meaning let’s say a dollar is 4000 pesos here so U.S dollars get you a whole lot more of worth here. Wish I could bring back coral.
Either way, enjoy!! I've never traveled (RAP TX is the farthest I've ever been)
Take tons and tons of photos so I can live vicariously through you!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way, enjoy!! I've never traveled (RAP TX is the farthest I've ever been)
Take tons and tons of photos so I can live vicariously through you!
Will do!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was TatTuesday!
Anyone else do anything fun?
Granted, I know it's Tuesday. I like to be a rebel and do fun things on Tuesdays so they're not so boring.
Jealous. I have a bare patch on my left shin that desperately needs filled. But there's the whole.... "Building a new house" thing that has my tattoo work on pause :rolleyes:

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jealous. I have a bare patch on my left shin that desperately needs filled. But there's the whole.... "Building a new house" thing that has my tattoo work on pause :rolleyes:
Luckily, this was a touch-up and didn't cost anything *except the tip*
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily, this was a touch-up and didn't cost anything *except the tip*
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis
Nice,

Once the house is sorted, left shin - a small bit of filler around my right thigh in the front, and dualing portraits on the backs of my thighs - then my legs are basically full and I finally move to that rib cover-up I've been postponing :rolleyes:

:thinking-face:

Attachments

• PXL_20230208_133346328.jpg
    PXL_20230208_133346328.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 36

ASAG62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I just came across your feed, your tank is awesome. I also have a 55 reef and want to do some upgrades. Currently I have a HOB octo skimmer and a running a cannister for my mechanical filtration. I read you have a HOB refugium, what brand and size is it? I'm thinking of adding one to my tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 35

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Suzi! Not sure why I wasn't following your thread... Sorry I'm late! Here now! Sorry @Petcrazyson found you... Just kidding! He's kinda fun.
Kinda?! :crying-face: Nah jk ……really want to SPLAM you know….. @N1tew0lf1212 ….hey Boss should I SPAMMER him with In-N-Out ?:squinting-face-with-tongue::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hello, I just came across your feed, your tank is awesome. I also have a 55 reef and want to do some upgrades. Currently I have a HOB octo skimmer and a running a cannister for my mechanical filtration. I read you have a HOB refugium, what brand and size is it? I'm thinking of adding one to my tank.
It's a Finnex HOB refugium.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back