JellyTank is a new Startup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://aquanerd.com/2017/02/jellytank-kickstarter-is-the-ultimate-affordable-jellyfish-tank.html

Nice looking tank for $200.00 and it includes everything needed to get the tank setup. $25.00 more gets you 4 small jellyfish.

JellyTank.jpg

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the problem with this. And I'm primarily talking about newbies or anyone who's never had saltwater and sees this tank and for $250 your set. Nope. Bad idea. Jellyfish are delicate animals as we know and there are people who just won't be able to maintain and have these animals thrive. They may not be suited to keep these animals by testing their water chemistry and doing water changes. I believe this would be more suited for the basic-intermediate hobbyist who understands the delicacy of saltwater and realizes that a 5 gallon tanks salinity will fluctuate so often that it will stress out the jellyfish and eventually have them parish. On top of that pH, temperature is a big one with jellyfish. So they should have a way to control who gets one not some kid who sees it and has their parent buy it for them not knowing what they are getting themselves into. Yeah it's fun and nice to have, but it's not for everyone.

OP
OP
AquaNerd

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make very good points. This is not for beginners and "lazy aquarists".

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back