Jeneratesomefun's 180g

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha yeah the Radions get annoying but I love how my schedule is now and the color it is.....my corals seem to love it...my acros seem happy with polyps out all day, some are colored good and some are not what I think they could be
...I'm about to add 4 T5s to my canopy though to run them along with my radions during peak only!!! 2 bulbs in front and 2 bulbs in back of canopy and radions in the middle

I'm doing the same thing with my AI Sol Blues for my 180g ;)

Jackie
125g mixed reef peninsula

Gwitness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the same thing with my AI Sol Blues for my 180g ;)

Jackie
125g mixed reef peninsula

What color bulbs did you go with?? I'm assuming you went with LEDs in middle and then t5s in front and back side of canopy??

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color bulbs did you go with?? I'm assuming you went with LEDs in middle and then t5s in front and back side of canopy??

Yes :)

I am doing all ATI 60" 80w bulbs in this order front to back.

Blue+
Coral+ or Aqua blue special (still deciding)
AI Sols
Purple+
Blue+

I'm also using Tek2 reflectors. They are discontinued in the 60" but at www.reefgeek.com they have a brank called miro-4 T5 reflector and identical to tek2.

Jackie

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I use the coral+ it make it 20k and will only be on for 4 hours along with the purple+. The blue+ bulbs will be on a separate ballast and timer. They will be on all day untill 6pm when the sols begin ramping down.

Jackie

MikeTR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coloration on the corals look nice. How long has the tank been running now?

OP
OP
jeneratesomefun

jeneratesomefun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike - sorry for the "delayed response". :wink:

This tank has been running for 9 months so far - half the items inside were transferred over from our established 55g.

We've recently put our house up for sale and will be moving a couple states over. Eeek! Currently plotting how this will go down (likely over 2 - weekends for the aquarium/fish/corals alone). On the plus side I think this may give me a little more bargaining power for a bigger tank right?! :flypig: In the meantime, I'm compiling accessories to plumb in a small display refugium. My hope is that I can transfer the fish down in this display (air/pump plugged into a converter in our truck) to ease their stress. (It's about a 9 hour drive) More to come on that!

For now here is an updated shot of the tank (going through a little recovery from a week vacation).
20140809_121655.jpg

20140809_121833.jpg

OP
OP
jeneratesomefun

jeneratesomefun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a crazy year and the tank has seen its fair share of trouble. I sold and traded corals to accommodate an emporator for my husband (happy husband = more coral $, right?). Despite the emporators healthy, varied diet and my feeding multiple times a day, he still had a very particular craving for corals). The tank made it through a broken heater, blown pump for the protein skimmer and finally complete lack of care for a 5 month period (other than feedings & top offs). While no life has been lost, my colors and growth have suffered, and diatoms/bubble algae run rampant. Recovery is an ongoing battle, but there's light at the end of the tunnel!

20151018_145407-01.jpeg 20151018_145116-01.jpeg 20151018_145008-01.jpeg 20151018_144836-01.jpeg 20151018_143742-01.jpeg

20151018_145407-01.jpeg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That left-side partial profile shot is great! What are you taking your pics with? Post processed?

OP
OP
jeneratesomefun

jeneratesomefun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That left-side partial profile shot is great! What are you taking your pics with? Post processed?
Thanks Icecool! That's my favorite side (obviously ;))!

I just got a Galaxy Note5 and have been playing with the camera. A pretty nice upgrade from the 4. I use a couple apps - Snapseed and PicsArt - they have some nice options to play with your color tones. I'm not well versed with PicsArt yet, but Snapseed is pretty simple. I bring up the warm tones a bit and pull back an "ambiance" setting to lose any heavy blues (haven't found a whites option yet), and remove saturation if needed (can't stand saturation...). Previously phone pictures were so rough I would also need to adjust the actual lighting over my tank, so I still play with that as well. :)

OP
OP
jeneratesomefun

jeneratesomefun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sad to say just last weekend I've started a partial tear-down. It's *not* the end, but merely time to grow up in the hobby and step up my game in a number of areas.

I've sold a number of colonies (well, practically given away :) ) to local hobbyists here in Idaho and will likely part out with a bit more to make room for new plans. Automation is in my future - and perhaps a 300g. :eek: (pending approval of my dearest).

I'll post more in the next few weeks as plans solidify... It's going to be a crazy ride!

Test led

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope that your upgrade goes well. I know that we have talked alot in person, but it was good to find your tank while looking for inspiration for my 180 gallon.
David -from the fish store.

OP
OP
jeneratesomefun

jeneratesomefun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope that your upgrade goes well. I know that we have talked alot in person, but it was good to find your tank while looking for inspiration for my 180 gallon.
David -from the fish store.

So glad to know you're on here, I had no idea! Do you have a thread for your tank? I want to know how its doing! Haven't been to the store in the last month - work, projects around the house and coaching basketball have absorbed a lot of time lately. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this next step!!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back