OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've noticed more and more of these little brown things on the rocks and the back of the tank, they move around and seem harmless but does anyone have any idea on what they are?

155a530d1a76cb1a30188b4d730aa667.jpg

Tateopotatoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're a type of flatworm. Not especially good or bad, just kind of there. Good for biodiversity! Very similar to astrea stars that don't eat corals.

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're a type of flatworm. Not especially good or bad, just kind of there. Good for biodiversity! Very similar to astrea stars that don't eat corals.
Thanks that helps a lot [emoji5] I've started to see a lot of different copepods and such blooming with no real predators in the tank that I've been debating on adding another larger snail or small fish to the mix

Tateopotatoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks that helps a lot [emoji5] I've started to see a lot of different copepods and such blooming with no real predators in the tank that I've been debating on adding another larger snail or small fish to the mix
Small fish are great! Would definitely recommend on of the small gobies. (Neon, clown, etc.)

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I managed to get my hand on a few more coral frags. Added to my nano reef was a rhodactis mushroom, some paly's and a very small colony of green star polyps. Does anyone have thoughts on placement? They are currently hanging out at the bottom of the tank as they acclimate to my lighting.

a8d29221033ee9a0d3c6e4c4b13ffaab.jpg

ef13cdff0d59dd52785dce5129079c71.jpg

e4c40d1921885a02de7ed5a4fcf01282.jpg

f586ac945a81f7ec041ad64b73f9c1d7.jpg

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try clownfish if u want but get them as small as u can I'm running the same system and I've got a mated pair of clowns and they're doing great Ik what ppl say abt it being to small and all but once they start hosting they don't swim around as much

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have two clowns 4 heads of polyathoas 1 toadstool leather one shrimp 3 hermits 3 snails a spaghetti worm and some amphipods

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have two clowns 4 heads of polyathoas 1 toadstool leather one shrimp 3 hermits 3 snails a spaghetti worm and some amphipods
Yea I got grilled on another site for having a clown, unfortunately he died after a bacterial bloom I had last year but he spent most of his time in the top right corner of the tank so I don't understand some people.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't listen to the hate for every one clown that dies from prob something other than tank size a note hundred live happily in small aquariums especially ones that host an anemone or something else cuz u gotta remember that once they host they stay around the host to protect it

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unfortunately for me I left for the weekend dw I made sure someone fed the tank but when I got back things weren't doing well first my Astrea snail died then my toadstool leather was half rotten and my cbs was dead so I fragged my TLC into two pieces and threw the rotten part out and hopefully it'll live

OP
OP
Jenny_rs

Jenny_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup and the thing is that it wasn't like my perimeters spiked or anything it was just weird
Yea sorry to hear, something similar happened to me when I went away to Punta cana for a week, my dad over fed my tank and I had a mini cycle start. That's why I don't have any fish, so I'm not adding to my nitrates.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea sorry to hear, something similar happened to me when I went away to ***** cana for a week, my dad over fed my tank and I had a mini cycle start. That's why I don't have any fish, so I'm not adding to my nitrates.
Nothing to do it was fed as I directed it was just idk I'm scared tho see I'm going on a vaca July for a month and idk what to do with my tank

Back