Jesse's 90gal FOWLR

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish only tank has officially started. I originally was going to use a 75gal but I decided to use a 90gal instead. I have a 120 and 180 that I could use but I don't have the space right now. I plan on moving in the next 2 years at which time this tank and my reef will be upgraded to larger tanks. So here are the tank stats.

Tank - Oceanic 90 gallon reef ready. I had this in my basement so I figured I'd put it to good use.

Lights - Not sure yet. I'm pretty sure I will be using an icecap 4 - 54watt T5 retro.

Skimmer - I just ordered a Bubble Master 200 from reefgeek. It was back ordered so I have a 4 week wait. Here's a link to the skimmer.
http://www.reefgeek.com/filtration/...ster/Bubble_Master_200_Protein_Skimmer_by_ATI

I'm hoping to have the tank full of water and live rock by the end of the week. Today I bought the show piece fish for this tank. It's a 5" Blue Face Angel. I'll be keeping her in QT for the next 6 weeks. Here's a few pics of her in the QT tank.
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got her for $180. The store had her for just under a year in one of their show tanks. She eats like a pig and is really healthy so I figured it was worth the money.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish is really cool. When I come into my fish room she comes right up to the front glass and begs. Not shy at all.

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That blue face is an awesome fish. I had one a long time ago, had it for a few years. Love it when they grunt.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know angels grunt? Does it sound like a trigger grunt? I had a picasso trigger that used to grunt all the time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back