Jesse's 90gal FOWLR

JGoslee

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
3,498
Reaction score
16
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish only tank has officially started. I originally was going to use a 75gal but I decided to use a 90gal instead. I have a 120 and 180 that I could use but I don't have the space right now. I plan on moving in the next 2 years at which time this tank and my reef will be upgraded to larger tanks. So here are the tank stats.

Tank - Oceanic 90 gallon reef ready. I had this in my basement so I figured I'd put it to good use.

Lights - Not sure yet. I'm pretty sure I will be using an icecap 4 - 54watt T5 retro.

Skimmer - I just ordered a Bubble Master 200 from reefgeek. It was back ordered so I have a 4 week wait. Here's a link to the skimmer.
http://www.reefgeek.com/filtration/...ster/Bubble_Master_200_Protein_Skimmer_by_ATI

I'm hoping to have the tank full of water and live rock by the end of the week. Today I bought the show piece fish for this tank. It's a 5" Blue Face Angel. I'll be keeping her in QT for the next 6 weeks. Here's a few pics of her in the QT tank.
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
 
I got her for $180. The store had her for just under a year in one of their show tanks. She eats like a pig and is really healthy so I figured it was worth the money.
 
Wow....what an amazing angel....I love the coloration. Congrats on the amazing showpiece.
 
This fish is really cool. When I come into my fish room she comes right up to the front glass and begs. Not shy at all.
 
That blue face is an awesome fish. I had one a long time ago, had it for a few years. Love it when they grunt.
 
I didn't know angels grunt? Does it sound like a trigger grunt? I had a picasso trigger that used to grunt all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new