OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D76BA31D-A685-47EA-96B3-B4A61A12F65D.jpeg

Baby torch #1 the lone wolf at this point.
A7A44659-6C7F-4E03-8186-07F807AAAA32.jpeg

BC Rainbow loom ( it’s hard to photograph and frustrating because it’s amazing)
F63F4262-144B-46E6-A6E7-5A313FC6D2D0.jpeg

JF radioactive or toxic stylo
CD1A3661-7D60-4F0A-AA15-A79D98564C33.jpeg

WWC crimson stylo with sweepers
F763868F-70E1-42F0-B6F5-39E8B1BA6EC0.jpeg

freak of nature growth

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some progression and pictures. The tanks doing better growth has exploded and along with PE.
DEC 8 2019 (during the interceptor treatment where things went south)
81B7461E-CA9D-4828-816A-8CEA9365A021.jpeg

March 2 2020 some stuff is just taking off like the champagne, Drew’s table, my big green Aussi, rainbow loom, and etc.
F8530072-75B1-4D13-B177-E938476BA6A8.jpeg

Side Jan 12 2020
FE258E39-B23A-40DF-9940-46FA26AD492C.jpeg

Side March 2 2020
AFBE9C35-AA13-4AFF-9A56-42E013D212F6.jpeg

My grumpy old man finally decided to be photogenic. I’ve had this betta forever.
84C34E02-6440-4182-B71B-E1CE70B00EF6.jpeg

Last edited:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing growth and coloration.

You should enter the image of the Beta in March POTM contest. Fantastic image.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing growth and coloration.

You should enter the image of the Beta in March POTM contest. Fantastic image.
Thanks for positive feedback I can’t say I try to hard my t5 bulbs are almost 2 years old lol, but I’ll enter the picture. I don’t see POTM thread for March yet. I found February though.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The POTM for March is in the photography forum.

:)

Think of images you could take with one of those Avast portholes.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COVID19 update. Switched back to kalk honestly stuff has really been doing much better. As it sits my ALK is at 7-7.3, CAL 500, Mag 1230-1260, no3 10-15Pppm, PO4 still don’t care to test. Had some weird bleaching happen to a few things, and while my nitrates dipped below 5 ppm I really doubt that to be the cause. I had a diatom bloom from hell around that time once I brought them back 10-15 range it cleared. The aiptasia is out of control I’ll be ordering berghia’s tomorrow. I thought my six line was no longer with us of course he randomly reappeared. My idea was to seed the nudi’s in the sump get their numbers up then see how it goes with. I really want to avoid dismantling/removing to get him out.

D70CD790-E081-414D-AE25-5C7655BE1ACF.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So aiptasia continued killing stuff I took c4 to it and mangled a lot of my stuff. This how currently looks and the berghia have definitely established themselves and are in large numbers after 3.5 month for sure making progress kicking butt. I think things are finally coming around!
207EE8C6-4479-4EEF-B276-E44286198AF9.jpeg
3401796F-EA2A-41B4-AC2B-E0D9E3269E4A.jpeg
DF8069B0-6BFC-4576-A572-F3A4ED91AD35.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to hear! No more bugs after the interceptor treatment? Love the stag in the middle. Wish more people would be interested in keeping them. The tenuis craze has people locked in and so many other nice types of acros just get overlooked these days.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did u get your berghias at? And that’s good there reproducing and working
It’s really hit or miss when reading online.
Personally salty underground has my business never had a single problem always alive and they bless your hustle with a few extra nudi’s. I ordered 25 pack of high flow 1/2 or 3/4” this go because logically with the price break I spent some minimal amount like $25 more to get double, then if I were to have purchased singles. I have wrasses/a basslet along with a hefty population astrea stars I was worried they would become a nice steak dinner given my display BB and had very little liverock. I put half in the display and half in my sump initially just to protect my investment lately I’ve been transferring adults upstairs to speed up the process. I always had good luck when using them on clients reefs just boils down to being patient.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to hear! No more bugs after the interceptor treatment? Love the stag in the middle. Wish more people would be interested in keeping them. The tenuis craze has people locked in and so many other nice types of acros just get overlooked these days.
The bugs are gone after that last set of ”go for broke” treatments I did in late oct 2019 (3-4 back to back a week apart at 9-12x standard interceptor recommended concentration). Haha the tenius craze is very much alive “rainbow unicorns of the sea”. I do really miss my WD though it randomly loosing tissue as many things did being slowly engulfed. I always appreciated growth/polyp structures nothing finer than big ole mature colonies. Humble OG old school reefer that’s infatuated with Halides/VHO‘S, closed loops on Iwaki’s, SeaSwirls, ETSS reef devil downdrafts, KALK drips clogging and them classic Oceanic RR bricks. I always joke around with friends saying something along the lines of “hey just becuase the lights/skimmer are fancier these days doesn’t me mean I forget my roots I keep some stags, tables, caps, and a ORA valida [managed to save some nubs of this icon :) ]. My pink Cadillac Frags are coloring up and growing I’m back in the game.

Last edited:

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bugs are gone after that last set of ”go for broke” treatments I did in late oct 2019 (3-4 back to back a week apart at 9-12x standard interceptor recommended concentration). Haha the tenius craze is very much alive “rainbow unicorns of the sea”. I do really miss my WD though it randomly loosing tissue as many things did being slowly engulfed. I always appreciated growth/polyp structures nothing finer big ole mature colonies. Humble OG old school reefer that’s infatuated with Halides/VHO‘S, closed loops on Iwaki’s, SeaSwirls, ETSS reef devil downdrafts, KALK drips clogging and them classic Oceanic RR bricks. I always joke around with friends saying something along the lines of “hey just becuase the lights/skimmer are fancier these days doesn’t me mean I forget my roots I keep some stags, tables, caps, and a ORA valida [managed to save some nubs of this icon :) ]. My pink Cadillac Frags are coloring up and growing I’m back in the game.
Good to hear.:cool::cool:

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really hit or miss when reading online.
Personally salty underground has my business never had a single problem always alive and they bless your hustle with a few extra nudi’s. I ordered 25 pack of high flow 1/2 or 3/4” this go because logically with the price break I spent some minimal amount like $25 more to get double, then if I were to have purchased singles. I have wrasses/a basslet along with a hefty population astrea stars I was worried they would become a nice steak dinner given my display BB and had very little Live rock. I put half in the display and half in my sump initially just to protect my investment lately I’ve transferring adults upstairs to speed up the process. I always had good luck when using them on clients reefs just boils down to being patient.

I added 7 in my 50 gallon frag tank a month ago that I got from salty Underground. I just seen 2 of them for the first time this morning and they were double the size. However, I haven't seen a dent in my Aiptasia yet. How long did it take before yours started snacking?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 7 in my 50 gallon frag tank a month ago that I got from salty Underground. I just seen 2 of them for the first time this morning and they were double the size. However, I haven't seen a dent in my Aiptasia yet. How long did it take before yours started snacking?
I had aiptasia everywhere in my 29 gallon biocube frag tank and nothing worked. I tried the nudis, aiptasia x, Frank’s f-aiptasia and what was supposed to be an aiptasia eating file fish. I finally tried 5 peppermint shrimp and every single aiptasia in the display portion were gone in less than 2 weeks.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had aiptasia everywhere in my 29 gallon biocube frag tank and nothing worked. I tried the nudis, aiptasia x, Frank’s f-aiptasia and what was supposed to be an aiptasia eating file fish. I finally tried 5 peppermint shrimp and every single aiptasia in the display portion were gone in less than 2 weeks.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The same for my 150 gallon display. I probably had at least 200+ in there. Nothing worked. I tried f-aiptasia, laser, etc. I put a large copperband in and he ate everything in 3 days.

Frag tank is a different story. I tried copperbands and unfortunately they passed away. I just added an Aiptasia file fish last week and I haven't seen him eat any of them. I reached out to my LFS on Sunday and told them to order me an army of peppermints in.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll preface this by saying I tried to hide my aiptasia problem in my photos it was down right epic. It had gotten to a point I truly believe with numbers in the 1,000’s they were choking out my corals with toxins. During overhaul I used tweezers to manually remove 200 by peeling their foots, I placed any FUBAR’D LR/Disc/plugs in the sump as “munchies” for the downstairs homies. I soaked the frag rack and pumps in vinegar also removed return nozzle it seemed to be a hot spot. Even then I felt I had made a small dent. I added 10-12 to display initially now rounding the 4th month and with me speeding up the process I catch them in groups taking out decent sized aiptasia in one night. At this point they come in any size I have 20 I see deep in the night that exceed 1” these guys are like my Kawasaki powered snapper hi-vac lawnmower lol. Once you got enough of them at the XXL size they get to the business. With that said these nudi’s were always putting in work and immediately laying spirals right after introduction. Being nocturnal unless starved you’ll rarely see them out and about when the lights on. When I turn my lights on early in morning they’re everywhere, but are quick to disappear it’s pretty wild.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back