JF brainfreeze

Torontotraders

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
76
Reaction score
73
Location
Abbotsford, British Columbia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any idea what’s going on with my Brain freeze? Added a large piece to my tank about 3 weeks ago, and it just doesn't seem to be doing well.

Running 400 watt metal halides. 20k with t5 combo
Parameters are:
Ph varies between 7.9-8-2
Nitrates 13-18
Cal 430
Mag 1340
Phosphates 0.2
Alk 8.5
Temp varies from 77-78.5

IMG_4995.jpeg IMG_4996.jpeg
 
Sorry, no idea
 
Based on the information I would guess phosphate. How stable are you parameters?
Pretty stable. However, I’ve been operating my phosphate reactor to get phosphates to my goal of about 0.9 to 1.0. Don’t want to go too low and risk dinos. They were at about 3.5 when I first received this monti. It also took 4 days to lower to the current value of 0.2.
 
Riding along to see what others have to say. I had the same issue. Things are looking up since switching salts. What salt are you using?
 
Pretty stable. However, I’ve been operating my phosphate reactor to get phosphates to my goal of about 0.9 to 1.0. Don’t want to go too low and risk dinos. They were at about 3.5 when I first received this monti. It also took 4 days to lower to the current value of 0.2.
Could be something with your po4 dropping. Maybe too rapid, don’t know tho.
 
Pretty stable. However, I’ve been operating my phosphate reactor to get phosphates to my goal of about 0.9 to 1.0. Don’t want to go too low and risk dinos. They were at about 3.5 when I first received this monti. It also took 4 days to lower to the current value of 0.2.
Riding along to see what others have to say. I had the same issue. Things are looking up since switching salts. What salt are you using?
I’m using Red Sea blue bucket. I tired to match to the salt that of the person I buy most of my coral from. I’m wondering if the change in lighting played a part in the change. I will slow down my phosphate removal to a more gradual pace and see how that goes! What salt are you using?
 
I’m using Red Sea blue bucket. I tired to match to the salt that of the person I buy most of my coral from. I’m wondering if the change in lighting played a part in the change. I will slow down my phosphate removal to a more gradual pace and see how that goes! What salt are you using?
I use Nyos. The stuff is awesome. Best salt I've used.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new