JF Homewrecker Frag growouts

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry,I dont have any available. That guy in Livermore had some for $100?
My HW arrived today shedding flesh. DOA.

SCOP, WD and Cherry Bomb all fine. DOA replacement shipping tomorrow.

I am sad. :(

Me thinks a little Reposado is in order to assuage my considerable grief.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HW arrived today shedding flesh. DOA.

SCOP, WD and Cherry Bomb all fine. DOA replacement shipping tomorrow.

I am sad. :(

Me thinks a little Reposado is in order to assuage my considerable grief.
Please. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Let’s not pretend your kitchen isn’t full of every conceivable variety of Reposado.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the Homewrecker I purchased from JF himself, as a tiny 1/4 inch frag, at FFM 2018. Picture just taken tonight. It is now a 5" colony in my 120 gallon mixed reef. This is it under blue LED's. Looks exactly like this, just a little better, in person. As you can see in the comparison shots below, when the white lights are on, the colony is still very colorful, but much more pink and green in hue.

It is under 450 par in high indirect flow. It is worth mentioning that the bottom portion of the picture is the part of the coral that is in slightly higher flow, showing a greater variety of color. Same PAR. both high flow and PAR, in my experience, are so important for getting good color out of this tenuis.

Jason Fox Homewrecker under blue LED Craft Aquatic.jpg
Under blue LEDs.
Jason Fox Homewrecker Craft Aquatic under White Light.jpg

Under white and blue LED's, with T5 supplement ATI Blue Plus

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Let’s not pretend your kitchen isn’t full of every conceivable variety of Reposado.
You have no idea the level of my deprivation. Now down to this one little bottle which has clearly already been cracked by another family member. (or maybe it was me). I think I will float it in my basement sump as no one will ever discover it there; even me.

Attachments

• IMG-4825.JPG
    IMG-4825.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 124

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Homewrecker I purchased from JF himself, as a tiny 1/4 inch frag, at FFM 2018. Picture just taken tonight. It is now a 5" colony in my 120 gallon mixed reef. This is it under blue LED's. Looks exactly like this, just a little better, in person. As you can see in the comparison shots below, when the white lights are on, the colony is still very colorful, but much more pink and green in hue.

It is under 450 par in high indirect flow. It is worth mentioning that the bottom portion of the picture is the part of the coral that is in slightly higher flow, showing a greater variety of color. Same PAR. both high flow and PAR, in my experience, are so important for getting good color out of this tenuis.

Under blue LEDs.

That’s a super nice little colony you got. This is one of the Tenuis that really shines best under whites, imo.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Under blue LEDs.

Lighting overwhelms the narrative when it comes to coral coloration, while the quieter conversation accredits flow.
This is a terrific example of how increased flow under the same lighting can have a dramatic effect.
Your case study will stay with me due to that delicious looking picture. Thanks Matt.

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been slow to adjust, but over all pretty hardy.

Photo of the frag I bought.
homewreker.jpg

he was a bit brown when I got him on 9/23 . I fragged off a bit for the frag system. he got very brown for a couple of weeks.
20200923_174139.jpg

today 12/15 they have been through some stuff the last couple of months, a bit of an ALK issue, and some dinos from a NO3 doser overdose. They haven't grown much yet, but seem content doing their thing, so I am going to just keep letting them be them for now.
homewreker1.jpg

Frag tank frag photo coming soon.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll play along. This came in a package from ReefPro along with Cherry bomb, SCOP and WD.

Just over an inch but healthy. Not much color beyond green/blue yet. Very little polyp extension at this point.

Attachments

• 26074.jpg
    26074.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 36

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back