JF Jolt/Solar Flare Help

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I recently received two frags(Jason Fox Jolt and Jason Fox solar flare) and I'm hoping some other owners can give me PAR recommendations? I've seen PAR recommendations all over the place, from place the jolt in 150-200 to place the jolt in 350-400 PAR. Same as well as on the solar flare. I'm running radions with SPS AB+ program. I have a PAR meter so I know what my levels are at throughout the tank the problem I'm having is finding an answer for best PAR for color/growth. Most of the time it seems ppl just say "high" which is absurd as we know, we all have different PAR "high" in our tanks. Any insight and help would be appreciated! Thanks, Rich

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 350-400. I have both of them in that range...solar flare quickly grew into a colony, Jolt came in as a VERY rough frag and has recovered and slowly started encrusting in that PAR range.

My experience has been very similar. The solar flare took off in 350 par and the jolt is just barely encrusting in the same par.

OP
OP
B

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read/heard from others who say the jolt needs to be in 200PAR. That it does better in lower light. I’ve had it in 180-200 for a month with no changes so I’m moving it up to 250-290PAR. I put the solar flare in 325-350PAR.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back