• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

JF My Miami Chalice

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone... wondering if anyone is interested in this chalice i have. testing the waters before i list it for sale. im a hobbyist not a vendor so i wont ask for 200 an eye, thats crazy. if you'd like to pm me with offers, thats acceptable as well. i am willing to ship and willing to split shipping costs.

The price is $500

IMG_0871.jpeg

FullSizeRender-7.jpeg

FullSizeRender-5.jpeg

FullSizeRender-6.jpeg

FullSizeRender-4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone I’m going to put it for 500 and will absolutely entertain honest offers. Unless a bidding war commences, I am more than willing to send this piece off to a good home at a cheaper price. I like to keep things honest and fair. I’m only selling it to buy more coral. My only request is you have a stable and healthy home for it. Please don’t buy this piece if you aren’t sure you can give it a good life. After all, it is an animal.

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks more like 4 color watermelon
I’d actually forgotten the name of this piece but just knew I paid 200 for a pinky nail. When I seen it in its current state I searched images and found this was the best representation. I took the pics with my iPhone so the color isn’t quite as true as Jason’s pic

249FA387-B40E-4CCB-9DAC-B922746369C1.png

Chalicedude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get it from? If you forgot the name you shouldn’t be selling it as something it’s not. If you can say where you got it then we can see if they know the name.

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get it from? If you forgot the name you shouldn’t be selling it as something it’s not. If you can say where you got it then we can see if they know the name.
I picked it up at RAP Orlando last year. I’m not sure which vendor. I have a couple TBI’s so my memory isn’t very good at all. My 6 year old owns me with “dad, remember this?” “You said we could do it” allllll the time. But I do only buy from the most reputable companies. But I did just confirm with the source @Living Reef Orlando attached is the mother colony. Sorry for the confusion.

5DD87962-6C14-4268-95B9-AA4AE77220C1.jpeg

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is more likely Brians Baby a type of 4 color watermelon...
brians baby.JPG
bb2.JPG
While I appreciate your input, I’m going to trust the seller at this point. Thank you for your interest but if you’re not interested in it, please move along. I don’t appreciate you trying to say this piece isn’t what it is.

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Guys obviously I cannot confirm if that coral posted above is 100 percent a My Miami or not as it is not in our possession. What I can say though is the OP did in fact buy a TRUE JF My Miami from us at RAP Orlando, last year. Nick is also a straight shooter and one of the most honest persons I know and would not post a "fake" coral for sale.

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the inability to positively ID this piece I’m no longer offering it for sale. I will be sending it back to Living Reef and have them positively identify it. I apologize for not being able to fully capture the essence of this piece and not being 110% certain of it. To my naked eye, it looks exactly like the picture on Jason fox’s website but I just can’t capture it with my iPhone. Unfortunately this issue was escalated to a Facebook post and people were trying to ruin the names of myself and the shop I bought it from. That’s absolutely absurd. Once the piece has been ID’d I will readdress the sale of it. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I hope those responsible for creating a whirlwind of drama feel vindicated. You’ve taken an honest person and made him doubt himself. Thanks. Also, attached are the pictures from when I first received this piece.

27514724-DD8E-48EF-8037-FD34438D5AC3.jpeg

AD02A270-5712-4080-878C-BEFEF23A014F.jpeg

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m glad you were able to find the pics from when you first purchased it. That’s clearly a My Miami and I remember that 3 eye frag like it was yesterday!! You got the nicest one out of the bunch.

If you are not 100% sure you are doing the right thing by taking it down Nick. I’ll take a look at it in person when it comes in.

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just trying to prove it’s autheticity and appease the masses. Somewhere in between integrity and common sense some computer expert who hasn’t seen the mother colony nor the piece in my tank felt it necessary to say I’m trying to scam someone. But hey, that’s how it works now I guess.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag looks like my miami. The colony does not. Ive never seen my miami with yellow and green eyes. It does look like some type of 4 color to me as well.

Even the LRO colony looks more like a crazy fox to me.

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my miami. Believe me mine changes color all the time! And I mean all the time, Jason might even be able to testify to that. See the blue hue close to the green rim. Then it changes to more deep purple looking in the middle, typical my Miami.

Back