Joe’s Juice Question

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’m about to use joes juice for my Aiptasia, and I have a few questions.
1. If any of Juice gets into my good bubbletip anemone, will it kill it?
2. Is ok to use for anemones in my filtration area (biocube)?
3. If my fish try to eat it, will they be alright?

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it'd be a good idea to get it on anemones that you want to keep...but if you turn off the flow in your tank for a bit you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Shouldn't hurt anything else in your tank as long as your specifically targeting the aptasia. I've used Joe's juice and other brands...never had any issues. If you use it as instructed, with the syringe...the juice will only accumulate over the aptasia.

Your fish wont eat it. If they do and it effects them somehow...it's called darwinism. :p

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it'd be a good idea to get it on anemones that you want to keep...but if you turn off the flow in your tank for a bit you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Shouldn't hurt anything else in your tank as long as your specifically targeting the aptasia. I've used Joe's juice and other brands...never had any issues. If you use it as instructed, with the syringe...the juice will only accumulate over the aptasia.

Your fish wont eat it. If they do and it effects them somehow...it's called darwinism. :p
Well I just squirted some at the 3 Aiptasia. Fed the fish and everything just before, Aiptasia dead for sure, good anemone acting alittle weird, I think some might have got into it. And of course my pufferfish ate some, I had a feeling.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe's Juice, AipX... is all mostly calcium hydroxide which has a Alk dKH of around 40+.

It basically burns anything it touches for a period of time.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back