OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You should make a build thread! It would be awesome to see what you do to make this system pull out some awesome colors.
I'll think about it, i'm not sure it would be very interesting. Its pretty basic. That part isn't really my thing, I find the builds kinda boring and i'm not much of a "gear head" when it comes to my builds.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll think about it, i'm not sure it would be very interesting. Its pretty basic. That part isn't really my thing, I find the builds kinda boring and i'm not much of a "gear head" when it comes to my builds.
Perfect! Shouldn't take long then!

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Joe
Are you local to Ohio? I believe I bought the solar flare from you several years back. Question on your frag tank tiles. Looks like maybe 2 in tiles. Are they tiles from hardware store? Also appears to be laying on the bottom of your tank. Do you have any issues with buildup under the tiles or on the corals themselves? Planning a fragtank and gathering my options for the grow out colonies.
Thanks
Jeff

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Joe
Are you local to Ohio? I believe I bought the solar flare from you several years back. Question on your frag tank tiles. Looks like maybe 2 in tiles. Are they tiles from hardware store? Also appears to be laying on the bottom of your tank. Do you have any issues with buildup under the tiles or on the corals themselves? Planning a fragtank and gathering my options for the grow out colonies.
Thanks
Jeff
I am local to Ohio, in Logan. I go to a lot of the swaps in Ohio and near by (relatively). I have sold a few solar flares, so it could be.

Some are 2" tiles and some are 3" and they are laying on the bottom. I got them from aquarium suppliers, some are aragonite tiles from ocean wonders and some are clay tiles from inland corals. I like the aragonite style but some have actually fused to my bottom and i can't get them up. Some stuff does build up under the tiles, but i don't find it to hurt anything, once in a while during a water change i suck up some of the detritus under the tiles. but i do not have any issue with stuff building up on the corals, the flow is pretty good and anything not trapped under the tiles gets blown away.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
RR ultimate rainbow passion - This one is really cool but seems to have a checkered past for me and others, i have grown it out a couple times and killed it, growing it back out from tiny frags. the last time it was only a 4-5 polyps. i don't see it out there much the person i got it lost his colony and the person he got it from lost it as well. this iteration seems to be doing well, and for the first time i'm starting to get some pink/reds in it. Has tons of potential, but might be a little delicate as well or maybe its just bad luck. My grow out colony and i tried to take a close up of some of the polyps turning pink/red. zoom in on the colony pic, its pretty cool, to me at least.
urp.jpg
IMG_2454.JPG

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Got this as sort of a no name, can't remember who i got it from but he said he was thinking about calling it pink orchid. I thought that was good enough for me, so thats what i call it. similar to vivids confetti, but not as much of the other colors that show up in confetti, mostly just a lot of pink.
po.jpg

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lie on the RR UOP. Every time I get one going my no3 drops below 5 and it starts to STN.

purplereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet collection of Acros Joe. I would love to get a piece of your Jolt from you one of these days at a Ohio frag swap.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back