OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sweet collection of Acros Joe. I would love to get a piece of your Jolt from you one of these days at a Ohio frag swap
I can probably do that. I'm not sure when the next one is. I cut two small ones for the Three Rivers Swap, by the time the next one rolls around i should be able to cut it again. Send me a PM the next time one is coming up and remind me. Thanks!

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Matt V Rainbow Envy
This is another one that i can't seem to pull the really cool colors i see some people get. Still a beautiful colony. first pic under normal "daylight" conditions and one under blues with an iphone and orange filter.
RED1.jpg
IMG_1773.JPG

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you what. Send me a piece and I’ll grow it out and tell you if it’s your tank or not ;)

I think we all have those pieces that don’t respond like they do in others’ tanks.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
TGC mercury rising - it is with some sadness that i post this one as most of the pictured mini-colony died after a recent alk swing i had. So i'm starting over with this one. i have a frag and the encrusted base from this picture to grow back out. Its always nice to have a back up, lol
MR.jpg

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CC Voodoo Majick - its in an awkward spot to get a good picture...... i did my best

Also i just got a frag of RR USA angry birds (small) and they sent me a cool looking freebie too
I'm usually hesitant to post pic of "frags" but maybe i will try to get a pic in a week or two after they settle in cause i'm pretty excited about this one.
vm4.jpg
vm5.jpg

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Very nice collection you have here and don't stop with the pics!

Can you share tank setup / parameters / maintenance routines.
Thanks! i'll try to keep it going. I have quite a few more but many of them are small yet.

my display is a 150 with radions and supplemental LED bars. Movement is from 3 mp 40s and an mp 60, i'm still trying to get my parameters dialed back in after some recent fluctuations. i do 10% water changes almost every week i dose ESV 2 part and mag, and some of the KZ products: amino acid, flatworm stop, coral booster and coral vitalizer. I also add potassium nitrate (my nitrate bottoms out if i don't). I don't remember the make model or volume of the sump, i do have a section of it that i use as a refugium with a small kessil grow light.

The frag system is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster. Not because it is all that big but a hodge podge of tanks and equipment. most of the grow outs for my acros are in a 45 gal frag tank with 2 kessil 360Xs and orphek led bars. I'm running out of space so i'm replacing one of the other tanks in my frag system with a 4' x 4' frag tank that will give me a lot more space for growouts. The frag tanks are plumbed to a 150 gal rubbermaid tote thing, i always forget what they are called, with live rock. I have some protein skimmers but i rarely run them, i have holders for filter socks but i only use them when something is stirred up. I have a uv sterilizer plumbed to the sump, i'm not sure its actually terribly efficient or affective the way its plumbed. I only added to help fight dinos, which i had bad in the frag system a couple years ago, and i don't think it helped much. i do think it makes the water a little more clear.

JWsticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! i'll try to keep it going. I have quite a few more but many of them are small yet.

my display is a 150 with radions and supplemental LED bars. Movement is from 3 mp 40s and an mp 60, i'm still trying to get my parameters dialed back in after some recent fluctuations. i do 10% water changes almost every week i dose ESV 2 part and mag, and some of the KZ products: amino acid, flatworm stop, coral booster and coral vitalizer. I also add potassium nitrate (my nitrate bottoms out if i don't). I don't remember the make model or volume of the sump, i do have a section of it that i use as a refugium with a small kessil grow light.

The frag system is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster. Not because it is all that big but a hodge podge of tanks and equipment. most of the grow outs for my acros are in a 45 gal frag tank with 2 kessil 360Xs and orphek led bars. I'm running out of space so i'm replacing one of the other tanks in my frag system with a 4' x 4' frag tank that will give me a lot more space for growouts. The frag tanks are plumbed to a 150 gal rubbermaid tote thing, i always forget what they are called, with live rock. I have some protein skimmers but i rarely run them, i have holders for filter socks but i only use them when something is stirred up. I have a uv sterilizer plumbed to the sump, i'm not sure its actually terribly efficient or affective the way its plumbed. I only added to help fight dinos, which i had bad in the frag system a couple years ago, and i don't think it helped much. i do think it makes the water a little more clear.
Thanks for sharing! Any intention to go calcium reactor instead of dosing 2 part?

I'm also thinking about calcium reactor but keeping it simple has always held me back.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for sharing! Any intention to go calcium reactor instead of dosing 2 part?

I'm also thinking about calcium reactor but keeping it simple has always held me back.
no intention at this time but i have thought about it. i'm starting to go through a decent about of 2 part these days. I also want to keep things simple if at all possible.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back