Joining the Club - 50g Starfire Cube

Yes, it definitely helps! Do you recall what size bulkheads you used?
 
Trying really hard to research how to set this up. did you use the Durso method in the overflow?
 
I used a 1/2" and a 1" bulkhead. and yes, I did a durso. because of the return T the durso ends up completely submerged. I'd drilled the hole for the airline tubing (which is also under water). the other day I accidentally pulled it out and it still stayed completely silent.
 
Since there is no emergency drain I got a float valve that'll I'll hook up to my apex to shut the return pump off if there's ever a blockage / overflow.
 
Okay great. Sure am glad there is someone with the same setup that knows what they are doing haha. I think I'd still be scratching my head. Thanks again!
 
Lol...don't worry, I won't hold you responsible if anything goes wrong.
 
Did you use threaded pvc to attach to the bulkheads? Did you cut the threads yourself? I didn't see any threaded pvc at lowes.
 
Okay thanks! Do you know what this is for? Came with the tank.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1422728527.299139.jpg
 
Thanks. I'm moving the tank to my new apartment tomorrow. I'll post updated pics with the new rockwork when I get a chance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new