IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

jent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question... what's the silencer mounted to for your skimmer air intake? It came with a nylon screw, but it is not clear to me what it is supposed to attach to. It looks like your is attached to the cover for the skimmate cup.

The nylon screw screws into one of the holes of the skimmer cup. One of the holes is threaded.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly one of the holes is a tiny bit larger than the rest...that's how I figured out which to use.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check again. I didn't see any that were threaded, but I could have missed it.

Calmbeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Plumbing done, plugged in return pump...nothing. Not even a hum. Hoping the seller will replace it.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ended up putting a little more teflon tape on it and it stopped.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you wind up with your tank? I'm finally getting mine setup and should hopefully have it wet in the next couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been doing great...until about a month ago...been having issues with lots of algae. Nothing was working...reduced lighting, smaller feeding even though there's only two clowns, a shrimp and snails. Tested my RO yesterday and saw phosphates were really high...my ro resin had run out!!! I have the ro/di filter hanging on a wall in the corner where it's kinda dark and couldn't tell it had been used up. Replaced it last night and will start doing water changes this week to see if that helps. Overall loving the tank. It's so easy to maintain.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been doing great...until about a month ago...been having issues with lots of algae. Nothing was working...reduced lighting, smaller feeding even though there's only two clowns, a shrimp and snails. Tested my RO yesterday and saw phosphates were really high...my ro resin had run out!!! I have the ro/di filter hanging on a wall in the corner where it's kinda dark and couldn't tell it had been used up. Replaced it last night and will start doing water changes this week to see if that helps. Overall loving the tank. It's so easy to maintain.
Well that will certainly do it! Make sure you clean your bucket out really well every now and then too. I found mine was leaching phosphates into the water.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ended up selling the cube last fall because ended up going bigger. Well...life changes happen and I'm moving to a new apt unit in my same building on the 3rd floor...a 175g tank ain't gonna work up there (it'll get stored in the garage)! I loved the SCA tank so much I ended up going with their 66g tank. I've already got it just sitting here in my living room. Planning to get it plumbed and water tested prior to the move...that way when it's time I just have to fill it up and move all the corals / fish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back