OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I put in the bulbs I plan on lowering the fixtures closer to the tank. What settings should I start out with? Right now I'm 80% blue and 15% white

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my bulbs today. I must say I'm a little disappointed in the output. I though they would be brighter. What do ppl think of their t5ho? I'll post some pics.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190809_174002.jpg
20190809_173941.jpg
20190809_173933.jpg

Ok so I went a less invasive route hence I wont post a build thread. 3M makes a super strong double sided tape. It worked out perfect because the viparspectra over hung the original aquatic life spacing by 5/8 inch. I cut the double sided tape down the middle and then just centered it and held her down. I have the aquatic life fixture supporting the weight so I'm not worried about it. The tape just .makes sure if I bump it or it gets moved some how that the led wont fall off. Just for testing I did pick it up by the viparspectra so the tape was holding the aquatic life fixture and it seemed pretty solid. The tape is black so everything looks seamless. I must say I'm happy with the results. Bonus is the viparspectra warranty is still intact because I didnt have to open it up. I'm interested to see if the viparspectra cooling fans assist with cooling the t5 as well. I doubt it but we shall see. ATI bulbs are due in monday so i will post more pics then!! So excited.
Can you measure the space between the T5 lights? Wondering if the 2 LED strip lights I have will fit side by side in that space.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean side by side in one t5 row? Or the space where the led brackets are?
The space where the LED brackets are.
I got 2 LED strips like 35 inches long x 3.5 inches wide. I'm looking for the width of the open hole in between the T5's so I can see if my LED's will fit in there side by side.

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi they also sell different brackets to open the or close the width distance. There is a ton of info on their website with measurements :)

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi they also sell different brackets to open the or close the width distance. There is a ton of info on their website with measurements :)
I need to go read more then. I've been searching all over to try and find those dimensions.
Thanks again!

OP
OP
RJ F.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scroll down and click the brochure link. No worries, glad to help

*edit. Click specifications and then the brochure link

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back