JoJo's IM 40L AIO - Please, step into my office

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo dump time!

The birdsnest, stylo and goldenrod anacro are doing insanely good. I'm actually worried about the goldenrod, because the other two are growing into it, physically touching now.
1697494403582.jpeg

Monti has a new home. The other birdsnest was knocked over, so I didn't have to worry about fragging it after all!
1697494453958.jpeg

Now why did the green one decide to be the most phallic coral in the tank?

BTAs are happily dominating the top of BTA/Zoa island:
1697494514425.jpeg

Speaking of growth, the mushroom section is seeing some major enlargement of the green carpet rhodactis and this mess of fire rhodactis seems to be splitting again:
1697494577607.jpeg

Still one of my favorites:

1697494595237.jpeg

Gorgonian is nearly at the water surface now. Setosa working its way up, although wrasses keep moving sand beneath it which is making it sink a bit:
1697494642533.jpeg

P.s., that scratch in the glass brings me infinite sadness.

Very happy with the zoa strategy. I wanted to glue them down onto different knobs of the fiji rock so that they have some isolation, and they seem to be spreading in a nice localized fashion. Now if I could only get to all the rest of the zoas in the sand bed and put them on the rocks!
1697494712751.jpeg

Meanwhile, in the land of forgotten toys corner of the tank:
1697494760334.jpeg

I still love this pavona. It is growing slowly, but looks awesome. Finally starting to encrust over the putting that's holding it down.
1697494813748.jpeg

1697494911521.jpeg

Leathers doing well:
1697494926696.jpeg

And my goodness, this trachy has gotten HUGE. I'm not sure what to do with it now, maybe carve out some more space somewhere.
1697494966655.jpeg

For reference, here it is next to the button scoly:
1697494989209.jpeg

Here is was in January next to the same button scoly.. ignore the GHA farm in the Evo:
1697495193014.jpeg

1697495202908.jpeg

So my next big adventure is to install the Simplicity 4-head doser this week! Bye bye Reef Factory!
The green monti, man, bahahaha!

Shrooms looking good, I really like those larger rhodactis. LFS has some giant tequila sunrises that I'm gonna try to snag a frag of when they get around to slicing 'em up.

Trachy looking juicy! I feel like everytime I see your tank there is something new that I hadn't seen before.

Are those striped candy canes in the forgotten corner? Love that they've taken on some unique shapes. I think I have the same ones, but I believe my green leather has grown too close and is killing them :(

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The green monti, man, bahahaha!

Shrooms looking good, I really like those larger rhodactis. LFS has some giant tequila sunrises that I'm gonna try to snag a frag of when they get around to slicing 'em up.

Trachy looking juicy! I feel like everytime I see your tank there is something new that I hadn't seen before.

Are those striped candy canes in the forgotten corner? Love that they've taken on some unique shapes. I think I have the same ones, but I believe my green leather has grown too close and is killing them :(
That candy cane is one of my oldest corals. It has flirted with death so many times. It could definitely use some TLC. You're right about the leathers -- mine is right next to the toadstool and the pink nepthea, so maybe they're irritating it, although suspect it was mostly the clowns loving up in it, which makes no sense. The alveopora in the corner is also an old one and no idea why it isn't happy. Has never been happy in this tank, but was polyps fully extended in the Evo.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxing the Simplicity 4-head doser! Can't wait to try it. Looking forward to something that just WORKS without having to have a personal network administrator to troubleshoot it.

Opened it backwards, of course
1697499722211.jpeg

1697499735749.jpeg

Packaged well
1697499756234.jpeg

Head is a bit bigger, but probably to house the manual programming, plus like that it comes with a spare head and other parts
1697499794982.jpeg

Now the tricky part is getting it into the fridge. Will probably have to rip out the silicone that's enclosing the current Reef Factory power cable to weave this one in. That sounds like a tomorrow problem to me!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxing the Simplicity 4-head doser! Can't wait to try it. Looking forward to something that just WORKS without having to have a personal network administrator to troubleshoot it.

Opened it backwards, of course
1697499722211.jpeg

1697499735749.jpeg

Packaged well
1697499756234.jpeg

Head is a bit bigger, but probably to house the manual programming, plus like that it comes with a spare head and other parts
1697499794982.jpeg

Now the tricky part is getting it into the fridge. Will probably have to rip out the silicone that's enclosing the current Reef Factory power cable to weave this one in. That sounds like a tomorrow problem to me!
For any of you with a keen eye, yes, that is an entire box of variety rice krispy treats underneath my office desk. No, it is not for sharing.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you win the doser on Instagram?
No, that was a purchase. Was complaining about the Reef Factory on another thread and the Simplicity came up. Spoke with the guys at Simplicity to get to know it better and got a discount on a unit that I'm going to test out with the liquid feeding system--nice thing is that it has one more head than the Reef Factory, so I can split the more viscous ROE and less viscous Oyster Feast/Phyto Feast into separate heads.

Edit: I'm quite excited about it. Used to be things like "trip to Malta" was the excitement. This is the Pinnacle now, a fourth dosing head and I'm ready to dust off the journal and get back to writing.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No, that was a purchase. Was complaining about the Reef Factory on another thread and the Simplicity came up. Spoke with the guys at Simplicity to get to know it better and got a discount on a unit that I'm going to test out with the liquid feeding system--nice thing is that it has one more head than the Reef Factory, so I can split the more viscous ROE and less viscous Oyster Feast/Phyto Feast into separate heads.

Edit: I'm quite excited about it. Used to be things like "trip to Malta" was the excitement. This is the Pinnacle now, a fourth dosing head and I'm ready to dust off the journal and get back to writing.
Nice! I keep trying to win one on Instagram but @Simplicity Aquatics won't pick me... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: ;)

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you don't even have it fully setup yet, but if I had known this doser existed, and at that price, I probably would have snagged one instead of the ReefDose 2 that I got. Even the name works for me. I just want something to add crap to my tank in the amount that I want when I want. Consistently. I don't need a fancy name or interface.

Really interested to see how it works for you.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah, also forgot my Friday FTS post-filter pad change/glass scrape/Valonia hunt:
1698085670700.jpeg
But isn't today Monday? I can't remember... Been in the woods too long but haven't gotten my elk yet so obviously not long enough?

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But isn't today Monday? I can't remember... Been in the woods too long but haven't gotten my elk yet so obviously not long enough?
Might need to dress up and show a little leg if you want to get the bulls coming around.

Fun story about turkeys in Africa. Was living in a rural town and walked from home to the hospital every day. One day spotted a full sized, full beard turkey pecking around with the chickens and ducks in someone's yard. Turkeys are not native to any part of Africa. Someone went through great lengths to get a live turkey where I was. Naturally, I started calling to the turkey and got it walking over to me and gobbling. Then stopped when I noticed everything had gone silent and that all the locals were staring at me like "what is he going to do with the turkey?". Eyes to the ground and beeline to work.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Might need to dress up and show a little leg if you want to get the bulls coming around.

Fun story about turkeys in Africa. Was living in a rural town and walked from home to the hospital every day. One day spotted a full sized, full beard turkey pecking around with the chickens and ducks in someone's yard. Turkeys are not native to any part of Africa. Someone went through great lengths to get a live turkey where I was. Naturally, I started calling to the turkey and got it walking over to me and gobbling. Then stopped when I noticed everything had gone silent and that all the locals were staring at me like "what is he going to do with the turkey?". Eyes to the ground and beeline to work.
We've had plenty of opportunities on bulls, unfortunately we have cow tags. Just got into a little bachelor herd of 4 bulls.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back