OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I would LOVE that! I was really excited about swapping coral with folks when I set the tank up, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of a local scene for it unless you're offering a forest green dollaris billicus with a very dense growth pattern.

I haven't shipped coral before, but I'll happily send down some Tubbs Blue and my firstborn jawbreaker.

Coral is like furniture. Better with a story.
Awesome, I'm getting more into shrooms. They didn't do great in my nanos, but the green carpet shroom and red rhodactis are getting big and doubling, so maybe I'm ready for fancier ones--I've had my eyes on a neptune bounce and a dragon lady bounce for a while now, but I just can't imagine paying that much for a shroom if I end up watching it melt.

About half of my coral/nems are now from locals. I'm surprised Sacramento doesn't have more locals. We have a Socali forum that I follow along with this one and that pretty much covers every reefer in these parts.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, busted!

I can send you some koji wada at some point. I'm going to start making frag packs to send out to people.

@Lost in the Sauce how is your Oct 6th mid-day? I'm flying out of LAX. I could drop off frags beforehand that you could combine with yours to get a few frag packs together for our good friends. I'll mostly have zoas, koji wada and birdsnest.
Shoot me a message. I'm usually in Beverly hills that day until 2

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot me a message. I'm usually in Beverly hills that day until 2
Black And White Wow GIF by Laff

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R Giveaway acclimation box from OctoAquatics arrived today! Thanks Matt @cromag27 ! And thanks @Daniel@R2R and @revhtree for another great giveaway! I will be posting updates and reviews to all of my dedicated viewers.

1695853542769.jpeg

First impressions and unboxing:
1. Arrived very well wrapped and protected in thick bubble wrap.
2. Magnet is easily the strongest magnet I've seen among all the magnets I've gotten from reefing. Hands down. I don't doubt this will hold up in the tank under any flow and even with a dish of sand for wrasses.
3. Acrylic construction is also the best I've seen--I'm no expert on acrylic, so take it with a grain of Fiji pink sand, but rounded corners, alignment is perfect and clasps and hinges work well.

Overall, very happy so far. Now for the fish!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I'm going to say, that knife looks fast!
That is brand new. After my first hack job a few weeks (months now!?) back, I decided something sharper was absolutely necessary. I like this one. Hides a bunch of additional blades in the handle.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R Giveaway acclimation box from OctoAquatics arrived today! Thanks Matt @cromag27 ! And thanks @Daniel@R2R and @revhtree for another great giveaway! I will be posting updates and reviews to all of my dedicated viewers.

1695853542769.jpeg

First impressions and unboxing:
1. Arrived very well wrapped and protected in thick bubble wrap.
2. Magnet is easily the strongest magnet I've seen among all the magnets I've gotten from reefing. Hands down. I don't doubt this will hold up in the tank under any flow and even with a dish of sand for wrasses.
3. Acrylic construction is also the best I've seen--I'm no expert on acrylic, so take it with a grain of Fiji pink sand, but rounded corners, alignment is perfect and clasps and hinges work well.

Overall, very happy so far. Now for the fish!
It’s awesome! You’ll love it!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s awesome! You’ll love it!
I'm sure I will! I might use it for fragging nepthea in the meantime, kind of like a mushroom box but way better.

And working on the fish. My QT guy is looking out for rubeus and pinkies and will let me know when they're available. I've also been daydreaming of an M. negrosensis, but not sure how a negrosensis will do in a 3' tank with a bipartitus + H. chrysus + clowns (tailspot's there too but doesn't get in anyone's way). Not to mention the inevitable rubeus and possibly pinkie...

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good night sweet tank. Until Monday!
PXL_20230930_003226073.jpg

P.s., did a bubble algae sweep right before leaving and picked off about 10 bubbles. Most of them sank right to the sand. They were heavy from coraline encrusting over them. Curious.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

P.s., did a bubble algae sweep right before leaving and picked off about 10 bubbles. Most of them sank right to the sand. They were heavy from coraline encrusting over them. Curious.
dang that’s beautiful!!

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What autofeeder are you running? Dont know which one to get because of the mesh lid

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What autofeeder are you running? Dont know which one to get because of the mesh lid
It's an Eheim on a platform. Here's the page links on my build:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I run an Eheim but lately I've been getting the Wiscoon off Amazon. I run 3 of these and the Eheim. I've had better luck with the Wiscoon honestly.

Edit: looked like it doesn't exist anymore...

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is basically what it was
I struggled a while with the Eheim. Finally set the door to exactly the width for TDO small pellets to drop a decent amount (between two stops) and super glued it in place.

This one seem more consistent to you?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back