Jourdy's 90 Gallon Mixed Reef

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you can keep a tank like that who needs a fancy sump with a bunch of gadgets? It does the job very well apparently. :)

meli81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey

Hey hourdys. I have 2 radion pro also over 90 gallon was wondering if you could share ur programing thx love the tank

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

It's been a long time since my last update.
Reason for that is we moved residences, which has been very very time consuming for me.

I upgraded to a bigger tank - 125gallons.

Next year I will upgrade tanks again since I will be moving to my permanent home.

Here are some updates for the mean time, rockscape is not yet final and substrate has not been added (not yet decided if I am to go BB or not).

I sold most of the valuable livestock that I had before the move to ensure I don't come across painful casualties :) However, I seem to have lost some of the zoas that I have had before. Not really sure if I misplaced them or I left them in the old tank.. but I am missing some of my favorite zoas - fruit loops, lakers, candy apples, etc. :(

The tank is made by a local guy - Design & Reef Aquariums.
Ip6319o.jpg

Sump
jZJXESy.jpg

Dawn setting.
o7sYh6x.jpg

PWI4fwm.jpg

For the first time ever, I finally got to use EcoSmartLive.
This is the color of the "Coral Radiance" setting.
9ijeZdP.jpg

Since the rocks are new, I am waiting for these newly glued zoas to spread over the rock.
bXExRbp.jpg

Some old rocks.
MrLHyyU.jpg

The setup is not yet complete, still a long way to go actually. The doser is not yet connected and there will be an interconnected frag tank just beside the tank.

cor4eyh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your old tank was amazing but your new tank stand and sump is going to be phenomenal! I have been slowly purchasing all the Zoas you have! Can't wait till they grow out like yours!!

Have to ask I know it's silly but do you have a favorite zoa?

Also what's your husbandry like, I understand you don't dose but do you change water weekly?

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cor4eyh,

I don't really have any favorites, but if I were to choose - I would pick the Sunflower and the Bambam for the mere fact that they are still the most luminous zoas in person that I have. Not to mention that they grow like weeds.. they grow very very very fast that they have totally dominated my liverocks. I could probably estimate the polyps to be at more than 1,000 polyps for these 2. These 2 are very common zoas, and often overlooked IMO. Most people now want to get the latest and most expensive zoas with the most unique names.

On my 90g tank, my husbandry was very erratic. I wasn't dosing anything.
There were times that I did not perform any water changes for up to 2 months, but there are also periods of time where I would change 20% every week or every other week.
My schedule (until now) is very random. I am most of the time at a different house or out of town/country which is why I finally want to have everything automated from now on.

This time around on my 125gallons, I am going to try a bit of dosing and will be adding filter media.
I have FUEL by Aquavitro, and I just bought Purigen, Renew, Matrix, and Seagel - all by Seachem.
I am going to test it for a few months and I will update how it goes.

cor4eyh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey maybe your randomness simulates the ocean better!! Lol

But I just recently got some bambams can't wait for them to grow out!

Automated is the best for sure most people build and add to be automated if I could start again I'd definitely buy each thing 1 at a time until complete then add water but we humans get excited for new stuff!! I've yet to dose anything staying away from corals that require dosing and just sticking with the zoas!
Can't wait for it to fill in like yours how long have you been in the hobby?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice upgrade there Jourdy. Most reefers hate moves due to having issues in the move or transfer losing corals or fish. Did u have any of those issues doing this move/upgrade

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait for it to fill in like yours how long have you been in the hobby?

I started in 2000 but it has been on and off. It has been continuous since 2008 though.

Very nice upgrade there Jourdy. Most reefers hate moves due to having issues in the move or transfer losing corals or fish. Did u have any of those issues doing this move/upgrade

Yeah moving is really hard work.
Currently there are no casualties, but I have some zoas missing. Might have misplaced them or accidentally thrown them away thinking they were just pieces of old LR.
Most of the valuable livestock I have (Aussie Scoly, Aussie Acans, and the more expensive fishes) were sold since I didn't want to risk losing them for nothing. The hunt for new livestock is the fun part of the hobby anyway! :)

martyumengan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PHOTOSHOPPED, I TELL YOU! ****! :lol: :bowl:

Tank looks great, even better in person. Still laugh when people say it's all photoshopped. :lol: Thanks for the frags. :D

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing! Did you upgrade your lighting with the new tank? If so, how do you like the new lights?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back