Jump through hoops.. do all our advertising giveaways.

  • Thread starter Thread starter AZMSGT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
6,862
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me.. but when I see these giveaways that basically have you repost, like, bend over touch your toes and call your grandmother (dead or alive).. I just roll my eyes and think.. well, there’s another thing I won’t win.

They are really getting kinda silly IMHO.

This one just about made me laugh out of my chair.

  • Subscribe on Messenger
    +5
    ENTRIES


  • Visit us on Instagram
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Subscribe to our channel
    +10
    ENTRIES


  • Refer your friends
    +10
    EACH
  • Buy a Waterbox T-Shirt
  • +50
    ENTRIES


  • Week 1: Visit Waterbox Aquariums
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 1: Waterbox Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 2: Visit Ecotech Marine
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 2: Ecotech Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 3: Visit Caribsea
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 3: Caribsea Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 4: Visit AquaIllumination.com
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 4: AquaIllumination Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 5: Visit Liveaquaria.com
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 5: LiveAquaria Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 6: Visit Nyos.info
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 6: Nyos Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 7: Visit Fritz Aquatics.com
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 7: Fritz Aquatics Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 8: Visit AQUA FX
These are not “giveaways”. These are do all this stuff and you might win. Well goodluck to all you social media heros that are willing to do this stuff.. But I am out.
 
agreed plus why not simplify it and make it one person gets ONE entry and it makes it easier for everyone as its easier on picking winner(s) and less complicated to enter
Yup.. this.
 
Yup.. this.

Well the goal is for them to maximize the number of followers/likes/email subscribers, hence this technique. But yeah agreed, some of these are comical. I wouldn’t consider some of them giveaways. But the ones that’s are just “comment to enter” seem much better.
 
The K.I.S.S. Principal needs to be applied to these “giveaways”.
 
Is it just me.. but when I see these giveaways that basically have you repost, like, bend over touch your toes and call your grandmother (dead or alive).. I just roll my eyes and think.. well, there’s another thing I won’t win.

They are really getting kinda silly IMHO.

This one just about made me laugh out of my chair.

  • Subscribe on Messenger
    +5
    ENTRIES


  • Visit us on Instagram
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Subscribe to our channel
    +10
    ENTRIES


  • Refer your friends
    +10
    EACH
  • Buy a Waterbox T-Shirt
  • +50
    ENTRIES


  • Week 1: Visit Waterbox Aquariums
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 1: Waterbox Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 2: Visit Ecotech Marine
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 2: Ecotech Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 3: Visit Caribsea
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 3: Caribsea Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 4: Visit AquaIllumination.com
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 4: AquaIllumination Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 5: Visit Liveaquaria.com
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 5: LiveAquaria Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 6: Visit Nyos.info
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 6: Nyos Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 7: Visit Fritz Aquatics.com
    +1
    ENTRY
  • Week 7: Fritz Aquatics Question
    +5
    ENTRIES
  • Week 8: Visit AQUA FX
These are not “giveaways”. These are do all this stuff and you might win. Well goodluck to all you social media heros that are willing to do this stuff.. But I am out.
Amen. Anything that requires participation in "social media" is an instant
 
I just get tired of getting 10 emails about the same thing from companies. I just don’t bother with this type of contest. Not worth the effort.
 
I see a Nero 5 pushing water in my tank that I did not pay for. A chance to win all kinds of stuff that I would either eventually buy, or get to use. At the very least I'm taking 5-10 minutes to learn about a product I may purchase in the future. At the very least I'm expanding my knowledge on products that might interest me. If it's something that doesn't interest you don't enter it. I have no idea what the average odds are on R2R contests but I'd guess its in the neighbourhood of 1 in several thousand which is pretty good contest odds when it costs nothing to enter and prizes are generally in the several hundred dollar range.

Having a chance is exciting, which is more then you had before entering.
 
I get that these giveaways are really advertisements and our payment is sharing that advertisement and someone gets the goodies, but I generally don't participate if I have to do more than 2-3 things such as comment on a thread, like an FB page, and share a link. And frankly, I have to feel a desire for said item. I'm not the type to try to win stuff and flip it. I don't have a problem with folks that do it, but I've found that it's difficult to find buyers in my area.
 
I get that these giveaways are really advertisements and our payment is sharing that advertisement and someone gets the goodies, but I generally don't participate if I have to do more than 2-3 things such as comment on a thread, like an FB page, and share a link. And frankly, I have to feel a desire for said item. I'm not the type to try to win stuff and flip it. I don't have a problem with folks that do it, but I've found that it's difficult to find buyers in my area.
This is me. If it's something I think I'd want/use, then I might enter. If it takes more than a few relatively simple steps, I'll give up part way through. Nor do I enjoy spamming my own social media accounts with ads/giveaways.
 
I do not like advertising for things in general (I mute the TV when commercials come on). If I need something, I will research what the options are and go with what I think is best. I would rather come to you than you bothering me. A lot of this stuff is making you think you need something when you really don't. To me, it is like giving your personal information to a no call list so they will call you. I understand getting free stuff, but I really don't need more "stuff" to run my tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new