Jumping back into the Hobby

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after a nearly 10 year absence, I am jumping back into the hobby and I am bringing my wife along for the ride. She was recently diagnosed with cancer (she is going to be fine) and she has always wanted to do a tank of her own...so here I am to help her. I have had saltwater tanks ranging from a 34 AIO to a 200DD. I have to say it seems like there have been quite a few improvements to technology since I was around before. I am looking forward to this journey.

Here is her gear list

50 NUVO Fusion Lagoon PRO 2 AIO Aquarium with White APS Stand - Innovative Marine
Prism Auto Top Off - ReefBreeders
300W Titanium Heater Element
A3 Apex Controller System - Neptune Systems
PM2 Salinity Module - Neptune Systems
Lab Grade Conductivity/Salinity Probe - Neptune Systems
WS-1 In-Sump Protein Skimmer - Aquamaxx
Radion XR30 G6 Blue LED Light Fixture - EcoTech Marine
XHO-K30 LED Add-On Kit - For Radion XR30 or Hydra 64 - Reef Brite
All the test kits, salt, etc.

Of course a bunch of rock and sand for the scape, which she is really looking forward to doing...she's a fan of the negative space scaping. We will be doing a mixed reef with this tank.

We have tank delivery scheduled for September 13.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). No such thing as starting build thread to early! I'm sure with your excitement you are counting down the days until 9/13 !!

This might help you find people local to you, as Florida is very active:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef and back to the obsession.
Photo_1655159104477.jpg

OP
OP
saltysailorswfl

saltysailorswfl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I jumped back in after 10 years last October. The changes since we were in it will make your head spin! I’ve had my own experience with the cancer thing and am sorry about your wife. I’ll keep you both in my prayers. Enjoy the ride!
I appreciate the sentiments.

Nicerreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after a nearly 10 year absence, I am jumping back into the hobby and I am bringing my wife along for the ride. She was recently diagnosed with cancer (she is going to be fine) and she has always wanted to do a tank of her own...so here I am to help her. I have had saltwater tanks ranging from a 34 AIO to a 200DD. I have to say it seems like there have been quite a few improvements to technology since I was around before. I am looking forward to this journey.

Here is her gear list

50 NUVO Fusion Lagoon PRO 2 AIO Aquarium with White APS Stand - Innovative Marine
Prism Auto Top Off - ReefBreeders
300W Titanium Heater Element
A3 Apex Controller System - Neptune Systems
PM2 Salinity Module - Neptune Systems
Lab Grade Conductivity/Salinity Probe - Neptune Systems
WS-1 In-Sump Protein Skimmer - Aquamaxx
Radion XR30 G6 Blue LED Light Fixture - EcoTech Marine
XHO-K30 LED Add-On Kit - For Radion XR30 or Hydra 64 - Reef Brite
All the test kits, salt, etc.

Of course a bunch of rock and sand for the scape, which she is really looking forward to doing...she's a fan of the negative space scaping. We will be doing a mixed reef with this tank.

We have tank delivery scheduled for September 13.
Amazing! Welcome back. Let us know if you have any questions.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back