June, 2018 POTM Contest - Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_5687.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp carrying some eggs...
 
Where did you get him from!
Hi @Monty Alexander , I got him / her from my supplier here in the UK, Laura Carlin at EcoMarines, a great sustainable source for marine animals. I think retail about £20. They really need to have a specific environment though. I have a love for nano and pico tanks so have lots of places to keep crustaceans. They are carnivores so larvae from my breeding projects are ideal. Would love to try a breeding project for these but I think I am running out of space, ha ha.:)
 
I don’t know what type shrimp this guy is but he was super cool and we had to have him. Always out and swimming around.

00F4EE99-DBB5-4883-9A07-A956F1E4A2C8.jpeg
Looks like a clear cleaners aka ghost cleaner shrimp.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new