**** June, 2018 POTM Winner - @mdbannister ****

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
15,944
Reaction score
83,684
Location
SW Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to @mdbannister, winner of the June POTM Contest sponsored by Avast Marine. You have 48 hours to contact me to claim your prize. Thanks to all that voted.




14.jpg


​
 
Congratulations @mdbannister , great shot, worthy winner, the edges of that shot are super sharp, great depth of field and great impact. Well done everyone else also, thanks for sharing, I loved looking at those pics.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my shot of Mr Donaldson, I am over the moon with third place, great fun, look forward to the next comp.
 
Congrats @mdbannister, this was a fantastic picture. Tell us what’s the secret behind the photo being so clear. Special camera, or phone app?
Thanks! It's crazy bc I usually use a DSLR, but for this one I just happened to catch this guy out on the rocks after lights out. I pressed my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) flat against the glass and used the flash (no reflection since the phone was pressed to the glass). This is by far my best reef picture, and I consider it basically a stroke of luck. LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new