Just a few microscopy photos..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ashlar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ashlar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few shots I've captured with a microscope, mostly looking at things in the refugium..


cyano.jpg


Ever wonder why diadema spines are so hard to get out if you get stuck? Here's why..
diadema1.jpg



I have ostracodes
http://rowelab.com/fish/ostracode6.jpg (this one's large..)

Plenty of other pods..

pod4.jpg


shell_pattern.jpg


worm4.jpg


gross_leg_anatomy.jpg


leg_structure_detail.jpg


And today I took a sunday drive in a bit of detritus..

"+location.pathname+" (photos are LARGE)
 
I've got a trinocular microscope with a 10mp microscope camera attached that I use for high magnification shots.

microscopy_station.jpg
 
Wonderful shots! Definitely brings a whole new dimension to reef keeping.
 
Wow!! That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!
 
These are great! I must share!
 
Thanks for posting. I love all the "little" things in my tank but can only look at them with a jeweler's loupe. Appreciate you taking really close pictures.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new