Just accidentally used the wrong glue...

  • Thread starter Thread starter SorshaKay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SorshaKay

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2015
Messages
70
Reaction score
18
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my husband and I were trying to use coral glue on one of those huge worm holes that make the really hard shells and then emit that snot looking stuff. We were trying to at first break it off and the slightest bit of pressure snapped the skeleton of the frogspawn. We freaked out and my husband grabbed the Loctite All Purpose G02 Glue instead of the coral glue to try and glue the now broken skeleton back to the LR. Is this going to crash my tank? It doesn't say anywhere on the bottle what type of glue it is or the ingredients. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
 
Loctite Gel Glue? If so, no worries 1+1=2 and they are all the same. Coral glue = any gel super glue. :)
 
Thank you! I'm not going to use it again since it says not suitable for water immersion, but I can sleep at night now. :)
 
Most hobbyist will buy there gel super glue from the Dollar Store to glue frags to plugs and rock work. Its harmless to the tank and its inhabitants.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new