Just add water Red Sea 425 XL / WrasseTasic

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Musovski Keeping everything alive and add coral. I want some plating coral for over hangs for the fish.
I started gathering parts for a small refugium for pods and macro for tangs. Want more of a display with color
mysaltwaterfishstore.com is a great place for some macro.

You shouldnt really worry about keeping things alive, thats the easy part and you are good at this reefing thing.

I would recommend plating montipora but geez, its worse than gsp sometimes.

just out of curiousity, would you add mangroves?

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mysaltwaterfishstore.com is a great place for some macro.

You shouldnt really worry about keeping things alive, thats the easy part and you are good at this reefing thing.

I would recommend plating montipora but geez, its worse than gsp sometimes.

just out of curiousity, would you add mangroves?
Monitipora is what I’m looking at. I have herd it can Be a pain. Ugh

I was going to divide my sump for a fugue so no mangrove. Today I was thinking of a tank next to my DT for a fugue and adding mangroves. Not sure I want to be bothered with that. Plus the exspense

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monitipora is what I’m looking at. I have herd it can Be a pain. Ugh

I was going to divide my sump for a fugue so no mangrove. Today I was thinking of a tank next to my DT for a fugue and adding mangroves. Not sure I want to be bothered with that. Plus the exspense
well, you could add mangroves to the main display, sorta like a tree background. Only reason i really love my mangroves is because nutrient export is insanely good from them.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, you could add mangroves to the main display, sorta like a tree background. Only reason i really love my mangroves is because nutrient export is insanely good from them.
I didn’t realize they had good export. I was thinking mostly looks. I guess I need to read up about them and give them a thought

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to get a picture of goby / pistol shrimp but

11D0B450-22FA-4BB7-AFEC-EA34CAA4FF00.jpeg

Second try
CD54F1E6-D110-49D9-B94B-076494D733B0.jpeg

Some straggly anemones and one happy with bubbles. May have my answer on witch one to keep. The one with bubbles is in a nice hole while the others are not sure where they want home to be.
C60DDA5F-2E78-4868-93F8-07EA6884A821.jpeg
F4B4DB4F-16A0-4791-BB4A-8E0CC52D72C1.jpeg
Now I want a goby like yours!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pics are improving greatly! Love the nems and fish shots! Mangroves are really cool but from everything Ive read you need a ton to really get them working for filtration. One or two is purely an aesthetic thing but certainly cool.

If a separate display Fuge is cooking away in that dome of yours have a look at AquaMax rimless tanks. Would be a nice rimless compliment to the Reefier and not absurdly priced.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that mangroves are slow growers and are not good nutrient exporters...guess will never know the real truth ;)
That’s pretty much what I heard.

Lovin’ your tank Don Gobies are awesome
Thank you. Maybe one day you will go in my basement and see it in person.

I've had mangroves. Growing them from papule to baby tree is great, just like growing corals.

They are also not the easiest. Stability is very important with them. You can train the roots to make wonderful structures within/around your live rock
I’m not sure I have the Patience or time for them now.

Your pics are improving greatly! Love the nems and fish shots! Mangroves are really cool but from everything Ive read you need a ton to really get them working for filtration. One or two is purely an aesthetic thing but certainly cool.

If a separate display Fuge is cooking away in that dome of yours have a look at AquaMax rimless tanks. Would be a nice rimless compliment to the Reefier and not absurdly priced.
You are the person mom wouldn’t want their child to hang out with. Always enabling.
I never knew AquaMax had tanks I will check them out.
Right now I will divide my sump for a small fuge for critters and help keep my nutrients where they’re at. They been climbing sorta fast the last 4 weeks and I need to stop them.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are the person mom wouldn’t want their child to hang out with. Always enabling.
Hahahahaha! 100% a true story!! I was the bad kid in a couple different childhood friendships... Unsurprisingly two or three of them Im still very close to today. My oldest friends go back 36 years and we get together a couple of times a year at least.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many cool things in everyone's tanks. Excuse the drool on your glass Crabby.
It’s ok the glass was dirty. I had a hard time getting the coral and not the algae.
You have a lot of cool thing also. I like seeing everything in everyone’s tanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back