Just curious

Usually they just grow back
 
As with all anemones, if you cut a rock flower anemone in half, with both halves containing a portion of the mouth, the nem is able to heal both halves. I don't reccomend doing this as the nem doesn't always rebound, is much more prone to infection, and I find it slightly cruel.
 
To my knowledge they do not reproduce asexually, only sexually. Typlically spawn 2 times a year. They are believed to be in sync the lunar cycle. (as with many other corals).
 
To my knowledge they do not reproduce asexually, only sexually. Typlically spawn 2 times a year. They are believed to be in sync the lunar cycle. (as with many other corals).

They can reproduce both sexually and asexually... I don't believe their reproduction has much to do with the lunar cycle
 
They can reproduce both sexually and asexually... I don't believe their reproduction has much to do with the lunar cycle
Id honestly like to see your source on asexual reproduction. Not trying to start something just wanna read up... Fish nerd here. Or anemone in this case.


I stand corrected. It is just uncommon for them to asexually reproduce in aquaria.
 
Last edited:
Gee I've had mine for about 8 months hasn't grown much doesn't move ( or hasn't moved ) nut we like him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new