Just discovered this muscle

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing some cleaning and found it on a bag of purigen.
Must be about 1 month old

20220417_224812.jpg
 
I have several embedded in my live rock. Been there for a couple years. They will survive if they get some sort of food. I dose phyto so I think that’s what they been living off of.
 
They can often survive off particulate foods too, and will get up and move if they're not satisfied with their place - probably how it got to your purigen bag haha.

I would also guess that's older than a month, not 100% on growth rate of young ones, but I'd expect fingernail or smaller after settling and that looks bigger.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new