Just got some coral in bad shape.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dcloser12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The hammer didn't make it. I moved it to my quarantine tank, added a light and it developed bjd in the past 2 days
 
The candy canes are surprisingly coming back. I do not know how. I've never seen coral in worse shape. I think all 9 heads I received that were just algae covered skeletons will make it except one. I'll post pics later
 
These coral came from a friend. The branching hammer appears to have one head already to far gone. The other is likely not going to survive. The candy canes are receding so far that only a hint of green and purple remain inside each head. The skeleton is covered in green film algae. Any advice on saving any of these 3?

20211120_191112.jpg 20211120_191106.jpg
You could try iodine bath, but it looks like there's a slim chance that they'll pull through.
 
Here is my 3 week update. On the one candy cane 2 of the 3 heads are coming back. The 2 double heads are bare and I'll likely pull the skeleton soon. The remaining triple head in the sand bed has 2 heads starting back.

Tank stats are
Sal 1.026
Ph 8.3
Phos .04ppm
Nitrate 4ppm
MG 1470
CA 450

For the life of me I can't seem to get past this film algae. May need to add about 30 snails soon. I have 25 and they are seeming to do much. These are lights out pics with the dining room lights on. It's a 350 gallon tank, gfo reactor, skimmer, 100 gallon sump.
 

Attachments

  • 20220113_205239.jpg
    20220113_205239.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220113_205235.jpg
    20220113_205235.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 33

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new