Just intorducing myself

graysondenmark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to all of my fellow reef inthusiasts! Hope that all of your tanks are well and thriving. I not really "new" to reef keeping but I am no expert and enjoy reading post from those with greater knowledge than I may have and even hearing about the mistakes... (We all have made in this journey):wink:
I have a 75 gallon reef tank that I have been stumbling my way through for past 6 years and it only in this last year that I have finally begun to see GREAT fruit from my efforts.

My system runs with Odyessy 215watt lighting using T5 bulbs. I use 3 Hydor Koralia Magnum Pumps in the display tank plus another pump that sits behind my LR. In order to add more surface and water movement (on a budget) I drilled a length ov PVC capped on one end and attached to the return from 15-20 galon modified wet dry that I turned into a refugium. I have several soft corals plus an assotment of damsels.

I have tried to create as natural a reef setup as I could and have been running without a protein skimmer for about two years now but my best results did not happen until I installed the refugium. I will post pictures for all to see and welcome advice from all.
 
Welcome to R2R!! Let's see those pics!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new