Just Joined

Bilger763

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have been a reef owner since 1997. First in Florida and now in South Carolina. I currently have a 40 gal. nano that is going thru some aging issues and part of the reason I joined R2R to get some advice. I am retired from 30 years in the aircraft industry followed by 18 more in the medical device field. I was a materials supervisor in both.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have been a reef owner since 1997. First in Florida and now in South Carolina. I currently have a 40 gal. nano that is going thru some aging issues and part of the reason I joined R2R to get some advice. I am retired from 30 years in the aircraft industry followed by 18 more in the medical device field. I was a materials supervisor in both.

Welcome! Glad you joined. There is lots of good info out on this site, and there are tanks on here older than yours - here is one example (love his book too - @Paul B makes me giggle):

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in South Carolina:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back