Just making sure

Wuffletoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a clownfish suffer from bloat and now I just have a general worry for the other. I'm posting a video of the swim patterns to make sure it looks normal. I chalked the other one up to "clownfish just swim weird." So this is just for peace of mind. Thanks for any help and advice.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had a clownfish suffer from bloat and now I just have a general worry for the other. I'm posting a video of the swim patterns to make sure it looks normal. I chalked the other one up to "clownfish just swim weird." So this is just for peace of mind. Thanks for any help and advice.

Fish appears normal. There is a flux of micro-bubbles which you can see forming under the rock.
I would not increase flow as it is resisting the amount of flow as it is.
I assume its eating?
Breathing appears normal

OP
OP
Wuffletoast

Wuffletoast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish appears normal. There is a flux of micro-bubbles which you can see forming under the rock.
I assume its eating?
Breathing appears normal
Swims straight to the top for feeding time.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It does make me curious - what happened to the other fish - had you posted this in another thread? I think I remember it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It does make me curious - what happened to the other fish - had you posted this in another thread? I think I remember it
yeah- the one with blemish on cheek and moribund

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t like the way this clown is swimming, a bit too stiffly. Is it still eating well?
Jay

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume its eating?
Breathing appears normal
Yes it's obviously swimming normally under a low/ if any current,.
The 'flux' of micro-bubbles maybe from the filter to the right of video, maybe providing more oxygen then needed, this will be cause of 'bubbles forming under rocks'

In regards to fish in video, it's definitely not 'swimming'. it apparently looks healthy and I'm sure.... Abit more flow will encourage its natural instinct 'swimming''

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a quick dart from one side of the tank.

Darting can be a symptom of flukes - these parasites irritate a fish and cause them to "flash" (scratch on a surface) or swim fast in a burst. I suppose there could be other reasons as well, not sure what they would be though.

Jay

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back