Just moved tanks and my coral doesn't look happy

Chicago-quicksilver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, not sure what type it is but it's one of my favorites and it doesn't seem to be doing well and just wanted another opinion. Just moved tanks and went from T5 to LEDs that are only at 60% and I'm tempted to either move it higher or boost the lightning from the assimilation program to normal. The first picture is without the flash, second with and the third is when it was in the old tank. It could be the difference in the light spectrum but I want to make sure. Everything else in my tank appears to be doing well including my Mother of Pearl Tyree and all my anemones and softies. This one though looks like it might be starting to bleach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
20180907_093246.jpg

20180907_093240.jpg

SPS old tank.png

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve moved acros from the bottom of the tank to the top (8in)and still had a period of pouting. Same for some acid that have fallen on the sand.

Personally I don’t belive it’s just Light that causes the phenomenon, also flow change. The animal quite literally “breathes” and “eats”though it’s skin.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty common for corals to brown out after a major change like lighting or tank moves. I had an acro that was very similar and it browned out for months after a tank upgrade. Just keep water in check and stable and give it time.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let it chill out... especially if everything else is doing OK. Moves can be hard.

Back