Just plumbed in my new macro algae tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great snowy day project. Just finished the plumbing for my 15 gal macro algae tank.
It's plumbed in to my main sump on the 125 gal . Took some doing but got it done.
Thinking of adding 3 or 4 types of macro algae. A nano fish or 2 . Maby a sallylightfoot crab . ( if they don't eat the macro). Any suggestions on the types of algae i should keep?

20260124_200038.jpg 20260124_200024.jpg 20260124_200003.jpg
 
What lights are you running?

Are you using this for nutrient management or display refugium?
 
I'm thinking nutrient and display
 
What lights are you running?

Are you using this for nutrient management or display refugium?
I'm just using some full spectrum led
 
Not sure what full spectrum means. I run 10,000 Kevin color spectrum.

In the red macros, for display, I like Bortacladia and Gracilaria Hayi.

In the green macros, for utilitarian I like the Caulerpa family.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new