Just received my ATI ICP Results

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm hoping the community will help get my tank back in order. Back in Nov I accidentally dosed a ton of Calc via Apex DOS, which shot my calcium to above 600+. Since then I then I have stopped dosing calc, but continue to dose ESV 1 part. Fast forward to today, I've switched to BRS Soda Ash and still not dosing Calc. When do I know to start dosing Calc to get everything in balance?

Salinity
KH
8.14ich

Following ATI supplements should be applied in order to provide a stable water quality:
  • Iod supplement per day 0.25 ml for 2 days
Following actions should be applied in order to provide a stable water quality:
  • change 3 x 20 % of water with natural seawater or "Absolute Ocean" (weekly cycle)

Show 102550100 entries
Search:
SymbolValueCalculated reference valueDifferenceResultActions
Minor elements
Iodine42.20 µg/l64.13 µg/l-21.93 µg/l
low_med.png
View
Iron130.5 µg/l0.49 µg/l+130.0 µg/l
high.png
View
Nutrients
Nitrate42.91 mg/l2.00 mg/l+40.91 mg/l
high.png
View
Phosphorus192.1 µg/l14.80 µg/l+177.3 µg/l
high.png
View
Phosphate0.59 mg/l0.04 mg/l+0.54 mg/l
high.png
View
Pollutants
Aluminium102.8 µg/l0.10 µg/l+102.7 µg/l
high_med.png
View

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive used ATI for all of my ICP tests. They offer good recommendations if your volume of water is correct. If your cal is elevated, do nothing (dont dose calcium) until you test and its back in range. I would follow the recommendation of the water change test and go from there.

OP
OP
haitian_reefer

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive used ATI for all of my ICP tests. They offer good recommendations if your volume of water is correct. If your cal is elevated, do nothing (dont dose calcium) until you test and its back in range. I would follow the recommendation of the water change test and go from there.
So does the recommendation below mean to perform 3 water changes of 20% in one week?
  • change 3 x 20 % of water with natural seawater or "Absolute Ocean" (weekly cycle)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm hoping the community will help get my tank back in order. Back in Nov I accidentally dosed a ton of Calc via Apex DOS, which shot my calcium to above 600+. Since then I then I have stopped dosing calc, but continue to dose ESV 1 part. Fast forward to today, I've switched to BRS Soda Ash and still not dosing Calc. When do I know to start dosing Calc to get everything in balance?

Salinity
KH
8.14ich

Following ATI supplements should be applied in order to provide a stable water quality:
  • Iod supplement per day 0.25 ml for 2 days
Following actions should be applied in order to provide a stable water quality:

Show 102550100 entries
Search:
SymbolValueCalculated reference valueDifferenceResultActions
Minor elements
Iodine42.20 µg/l64.13 µg/l-21.93 µg/l
low_med.png
View
Iron130.5 µg/l0.49 µg/l+130.0 µg/l
high.png
View
Nutrients
Nitrate42.91 mg/l2.00 mg/l+40.91 mg/l
high.png
View
Phosphorus192.1 µg/l14.80 µg/l+177.3 µg/l
high.png
View
Phosphate0.59 mg/l0.04 mg/l+0.54 mg/l
high.png
View
Pollutants
Aluminium102.8 µg/l0.10 µg/l+102.7 µg/l
high_med.png
View
You said all this but did not post what calcium is at today for us to give you the right answer. If still 600 don’t dose if 300 then dose?!? See what I mean

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley should I panic due to the elevated iron?
You should never Panic that only leads to mistakes and stress.
Start with the recommended water changes.
Start dosing Calcium when it gets below your desired level 400-450 is most common

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley should I panic due to the elevated iron?

No, and I'm not sure the water changes are going to make much difference one way or the other.

Phosphate is high and water changes aren't going to be a fix since it will pop back up as soon as the new water is in.

I'd ignore those values of iron and aluminum unless you use white media like phosguard, in which case I'd remove it.\

Iodine dosing is an ongoing thing, not a one time correction, and may or may not be beneficial (it never was apparently beneficial in my tank but others think it is for them).

OP
OP
haitian_reefer

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, and I'm not sure the water changes are going to make much difference one way or the other.

Phosphate is high and water changes aren't going to be a fix since it will pop back up as soon as the new water is in.

I'd ignore those values of iron and aluminum unless you use white media like phosguard, in which case I'd remove it.\

Iodine dosing is an ongoing thing, not a one time correction, and may or may not be beneficial (it never was apparently beneficial in my tank but others think it is for them).
I’m using Rowaphos. Should I remove it?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using Rowaphos. Should I remove it?

No, it's not boosting aluminum, but it may be depleted if flow through it is good and its been in more than a day.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first report was near perfect except for aluminum and I was given this same water change rec. and it is very confusing the way it is worded. I think the aluminum issue is Phosguard.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%

Back