Just starting out in south Florida

Eric06

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
56
Location
West Palm Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Just bought a tank
Been doing a bunch of research on filtration and set up.

Anyone local to the west palm beach area that could steer me in the right direction / offer hands on assistance for sourcing parts and setting up tank / sump?

Much appreciated

received_1542272709577929.jpeg received_500596798771342.jpeg
 
In addition to sump/pump, do I need uv sterilizer and/or protein skimmer?

Ultimately looking to make FOWLR (light rock)

What type of light should I get? Links/websites are super helpful. Or brands I should look for used near me?
 
welcome-5.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef! Im sure there are plenty of people down there who can give you advice. This forum is also a great place to start. I find myself learning something new here very frequently.
 
Hey! Just bought a tank
Been doing a bunch of research on filtration and set up.

Anyone local to the west palm beach area that could steer me in the right direction / offer hands on assistance for sourcing parts and setting up tank / sump?

Much appreciated

received_1542272709577929.jpeg received_500596798771342.jpeg
As im about to plumb, BRS seems to have the best selection- cant say price
 
Hey! Just bought a tank
Been doing a bunch of research on filtration and set up.

Anyone local to the west palm beach area that could steer me in the right direction / offer hands on assistance for sourcing parts and setting up tank / sump?

Much appreciated

received_1542272709577929.jpeg received_500596798771342.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in west palm beach:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/https://fmas1955.org/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Hey South Florida thanks for joining. Nice to live in a place where you can have a tank outside, smile. I prefer DC over a C in most every comparison, if only on energy usage. I do however prefer Marvel over DC.

E3E4383A-E76E-44AC-8254-4B88DAC9368F.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new