Just want to thank everyone

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a post a week or so ago which was the *** things going bad post. I had 16dkh and was having issues with my well water. I put in a nice rodi system getting 0 tds. Have been doing 30 percent water changes slowly between the two system with the good water and now last time was at 12dkh! Found a sweet coral shop called the coral shop in Burlington Ontario. Which is amazing can’t believe some of these frag stores and the quality of the corals and fish. Bought some more frags yesterday. Finally got clove polyps to open! I think my ai prime 16hd is close to dialed for my system and tomorrow we are going to get a 4 striped damsel to friend our azure damsel in the frag tank. Rule was he needed to be put in to qt for over a week before we got him a friend. Thanks everyone. Expensive but amazing hobby

Also I have a YouTube channel
Southern Ontario palms and tropicals. I do palm trees I grow myself and the reef tanks

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude my situation is just like yours was, my alk is 16 because of all the minerals in our well water, I need an RODI unit

Yes couldn’t figure my alk out. So I did an alk test of the water straight from the well and it was 16! So I new that’s where my problems were. Also after my September fall fertilizing the cyano started up again so I’m sure some of the remnants of the fertilizer made it’s way into my tank. So a week ago I installed the 5 stage rodi and have been doing alternate day water changes for a week to cleanse my systems of the old water and to suck up some cyano.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes couldn’t figure my alk out. So I did an alk test of the water straight from the well and it was 16! So I new that’s where my problems were. Also after my September fall fertilizing the cyano started up again so I’m sure some of the remnants of the fertilizer made it’s way into my tank. So a week ago I installed the 5 stage rodi and have been doing alternate day water changes for a week to cleanse my systems of the old water and to suck up some cyano.
Ah... Red Fong Coral Reef Store... he helped me out of many a problems, too.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back